Best Shampoo for Baby
Top 10 Best Baby Shampoo in India | 23rd Sep 2020
Reviews, Comparison and Buying Guide
Best Baby Shampoo | Buying Guide : Things to consider while buying a Shampoo for Baby
Parents basically struggle a lot in order to find the best baby shampoo for their kids. Nowadays, a lot of options are available for infants, babies, and toddlers. These shampoos for babies have really taken the market by storm. These don’t contain chemicals and thereby parents prefer to use it. Most of the baby shampoos are clinically proven and don’t possess any side effects.
Moms always like to have the best shampoo for their kids for cleansing their hair. It’s important to choose the organic shampoo which cleanses the hair, leaving it shiny and soft. Most of the baby shampoos are safe and have a mild scent as well.
If your baby’s scalp has yellow-colored scales or is extremly dry, your baby might have cradle cap. Cradle cap is very common and treatable through natural remedies or cradle-cap formulated shampoos.
If your baby has extremely dry skin or eczema, buy an eczema-friendly shampoo. Eczema friendly shampoos are extremely moisturizing, reducing dryness and irritation.
If your baby has dry or sensitive skin, hypoallergenic shampoos are ideal. Their gentle formulation reduces irritation and discomfort.
Some babies are sensitive to the smell of certain bath gels or the chemicals used to create a fragrance. Opt for fragrance-free bath gels if your baby has sensitive skin.
Tear-free means that the shampoo will not cause tears or irritation if it gets in your baby’s eyes.
Sulfates (SLS, SLES)Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium laureth sulfate (SLES) are approved for use, but some parents believe they have adverse health effects and prefer more natural products. According to the American Cancer Association, there is no evidence of SLS/SLES being a carcinogen.
Parabens artificial preservative. which contain properties similar to the female hormone estrogen. Although some issues have been found on animals, parabens have not been known to affect humans.
Pthlates are often listed as a fragrance. Although no evidence pointing to adverse health risks have been found, some medical experts are skeptical of the safety of phthalates in infant toiletries.
Organic shampoos are formulated from natural ingredients as opposed to synthetic ones, making it less irritating for your baby’s sensitive skin.
Cocamide DEA is a chemically modified version of coconut oil used to thicken and cause foaming in products. Although studies have found a link between DEA and cancer in certain animals, DEA is approved for use in human toiletries
When choosing baby wash, keep the following in mind:
- Use a tear-free formula to avoid irritating your baby’s eyes.
- Hypoallergenic washes are best for babies with dry skin, eczema or allergies.
- Ideally, you should stick with unscented baby washes because products with fragrance can cause allergic reactions, says Dr. Robinson. If you must have a scent, opt for a wash that is naturally scented and mild.
- Avoid products that contain dyes or harsh chemicals like parabens, phthalates and sulfates. Alcohol (which may be listed as ethanol or isopropyl alcohol) is another ingredient to avoid. “It can cause dryness, irritation, rash and breakouts,” says Dr. Robinson.
Many brands offer baby shampoos and washes, and others have multitasking formulas that do both jobs. Here are our favorite shampoos, washes and two-in-one products to keep baby fresh and clean.
Top 10 Best Baby Shampoo – [Updated and Highly Recommended]
Comparison Chart to make your purchase easy
- Made in Germany
- Extra mild active surfactants for the gentle cleansing of fine child hair simultaneously, its ph strengthens the scalp for optimal hair growth and special camomile extracts soothe the scalp to alleviate skin irritation, no burning or stinging in the eyes due to a special no tears formula
- Sugar based mild cleanser, chamomile
- Wet baby's hair and take 1 to 2 ml of Sebamed children's shampoo, dilute it with equal quantity of water and gently massage on scalp
- Instructions Included
Sebamed children’s shampoo has ph of 5. 5 And has sugar based mild cleanser. Other children shampoos have ph greater 7 and chemicals like formaldehyde, phthalates, sls which leads to allergic reactions. At ph 5. 5 Alone the scalp barrier remains intact. It has been clinically proven that only at ph 5. 5, Scalp is hydrated and strengthens scalp for optimal hair growth. Lipid and moisture loss is minimum and the growth of malassezia which leads to dandruff is restricted. Sebamed children’s shampoo is free from irritants and hence has 0 percent incidences of irritant reactions. Sebamed children’s shampoo contains botanical ingredient, hence the reported incidence of allergic reaction is 0. 000003 Percent. Only at ph5. 5 The baby’s delicate eyes are not irritated and the tear free formula is free from formaldehyde. Sebamed children’s shampoo is ideal for cradle cap, seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff. Made in germany100 percent soap and alkali free especially mild cleansers for gentle cleansing without irritating the scalp or hair herbal extract of chamomile alleviates irritation and soothes the skin special “no tears” formula does not sting in the eyes leaves hair fragrant and silky pleasant botanical fragrance ideal from six month onwards clinically proven suitability for cleansing of hair and scalp in babies and infants with sensitive scalp was proven in the dermatological study. Users documented an excellent acceptance of the shampoo and 93 percent were willing to continue using it.
From the Manufacturer
Extra Gentle Baby Shampoo
Sebamed is a renowned manufacturer of skin care products. Their clinically tested and certified products are safe for use even on newborns. This Sebamed baby shampoo is free from harmful chemicals and gentle on your newborn’s scalp. It promotes a healthy growth of hair and does not cause any allergies, rashes or irritation. Due to its gentle formula, you can use this shampoo even for your baby’s first bath. Use a few drops of this mild baby Sebamed shampoo to wash your baby’s hair daily to keep it clean and fresh.
Mild Shampoo for Your Newborn’s Gentle Hair
Sebamed shampoo 150ml is a mild shampoo with a pH value of 5.5, which is the natural pH of the skin. Featuring a paraben-free formula, this Sebamed shampoo is safe for your baby. It does not contain any perfume and is 100 percent soap-free to minimizes the risk of skin dryness. This mild shampoo assures you of no tears in the bathroom. You can buy this baby Sebamed shampoo bottle online at an extremely affordable price and treat your baby to a gentle caring hair wash each day.
- Brand: Sebamed
- Extra gentle shampoo
- Recommended Age: Newborn and up
- Paraben-free formula
- Unscented formula
- No-tears formula
- Clinically proven product
- No harmful chemicals
- Mild shampoo with PH 5.5
- Content: 150ml
Features / Reviews
Extra mild active surfactants for the gentle cleansing
Sugar based mild cleanser
Unscented No-tears formula
Cetaphil Baby Gentle Wash & Shampoo provides all in one head-to-toe gentle cleansing, while soothing and moisturising skin & hair of your baby. Glycerin and Panthenol helps to nourish without drying or damaging baby’s delicate skin. Cetaphil Baby Gentle Wash & Shampoo is free from PAMAS (No Paraben, No Animal Origin ingredients, No Mineral Oil, No Alcohol, No Soap), Hypo-allergenic, pH balanced, Tear-free formula and is gentle enough for newborn’s and baby’s skin/hair.
The formulation provides all in one head- to-toe gentle cleansing, respecting the skin while also providing the hydration and moisturisation important for the healthy development of skin and scalp.
Glycerin and panthenol (vitamin B5) soothes and moisturizes skin and hair.
Features / Reviews
No harmful chemicals – PAMAS free
Tear free, soap free
Paediatrician and dermatologist recommended
- Chicco No-tears Shampoo is formulated to deeply nourish and cleanse newborn baby’s scalp and hair with utmost safety and gentleness without irritating baby’s eyes
- Enriched with pot marigold which is known for its softening properties retains the moisture-level of the scalp thereby keeping the scalp hydrated. Also, acts as a natural conditioner thereby making hair smooth & soft and prevents tangling of hair
- With added goodness of glycerine, the shampoo deeply nourishes baby’s hair and prevents moisture loss from baby’s scalp
- Specially formulated for newborns to suit all types of sensitive skin
- Specific ingredients of vegetarian origin
- Isolacrymal neutral pH makes it well tolerated by eyes
- Free from Parabens, SLS, SLES, dyes, alcohol & artificial colors. Dermatologically tested
- Chicco (कीको) is one of the largest baby care brands in the world. With experience of over 60 years, it offers a wide range of baby products in nursing, baby toiletries, toys, travel (Strollers and car safety seats) and fashion categories
- Quantity: 500ml
- Country of Origin: India
Chicco baby moments no tears shampoo 500ml with rich nourishing formula for soft,smooth tangle free hair.
Features / Reviews
Keeps hydrated scalp by preventing dryness & moisture loss
No parabens, alcohol , Dyes, SLS, SLES, Colour etc.
Allergen free fragrance
For your child’s safety and health. All Mee Mee products are carefully made to the highest safety standards. Mee Mee baby shampoo is the “mild” formulation with the conditioner cleanses the scalp and leaves hair naturally clean and shiny. Specially made for your baby’s hair and scalp, it comes with a “no tears” formula and contains natural extracts.
Features / Reviews
Lathers well. Lasts longer
Mild yet good smell
- Gentle no-tears formula does not cause irritation to baby’s eyes; protein-rich formula ensures strong & healthy hair. Composition : Marine Plant Extracts, Wheat Protein
- Shampoo infused with the power of herbs
- Chickpea: Has antidandruff property; strengthens baby’s delicate hair and prevents hair loss
- Paddy: Nourishes and softens hair
- Hibiscus: Natural conditioner; softens the hair
- Khus Grass: Keeps scalp cool and dry
- Free from Parabens, SLS/SLES & Synthetic Colors; mild on your baby’s scalp
- PACKER: The Himalaya Drug Company,Tumkur Road, Makali, Bangalore - 562162; IMPORTER: The Himalaya Drug Company,Tumkur Road, Makali, Bangalore - 562162
Himalaya Herbals baby care shampoo is enriched with natural sources of protein that leave your baby’s hair soft and nourished. This gentle baby shampoo is formulated to cleanse and strengthen your little one’s hair without any teary-eyed blues. It is so gentle that your tot is definitely going to love it. Himalaya shampoo is in essence a natural shampoo containing no harsh chemicals. It boasts anti-inflammatory and soothing properties to protect and care for your baby’s tender scalp. All in all, it is an essential baby care product that helps you get rid of dirt and other harmful infectious particles from your child’s scalp, without damaging it. The mild and soft Himalaya herbal shampoo moisturises and nourishes your baby’s hair improving its texture. Its core ingredients include chickpea, hibiscus and khus khus. The protein-rich chickpea leaves the hair strong and shiny, while hibiscus acts as a natural conditioner to make it soft and smooth. Khus-khus soothes the baby’s scalp, with its antibacterial and antifungal properties. These natural ingredients make Himalaya baby care shampoo perfectly safe for daily use. It cleanses, disinfects and leaves behind a mild scent and lustre with its ideal pH balance. Easy to use, just apply this Himalaya Gentle Baby Shampoo, lather and rinse well to get those shiny baby locks instantly.
Features / Reviews
Helps Cleanse Hair
Helps Soften Hair
Helps Nourish Hair
Antibacterial and antifungal properties, cools baby’s scalp
Mothercare All We Know Baby Shampoo is a gentle no-tear fromulation with added conditioner that leaves your baby’s hair clean, feeling soft and smooth. Its avoids eye irritation and allows the baby have happy hair wash.
Features / Reviews
Olive oil encourages proper hair growth
Chamomile soothes baby’s delicate skin
Natural extracts shampoo forbaby’s regular hair care
- Asia's 1st MadeSafe certified toxin free brand
- Features: Tear Free, Gentle Yet Efficacious, 5.6 Ph Level Best Suited For Baby Skin
- Natural Cleansers - Enriched With Goodness Of Coconut Based Cleansers And Jojoba Oil To Nourish Your Little One's Scalp
- Dermatologically Tested - Clinically Tested In Europe, Hypoallergenic And Safe for Sensitive Skin
- Item Weight: 200 ml
Purified Water, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Disodium Cocoamphoacetate, Panthenol, Aloevera Extract, Calendula Extracts, Vegetable Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate & Lavender essential oil, Enriched with our Secret Mama’s Love oil
Squeeze the soft, instant liquid onto your hands, dilute with water and apply on hair. Lather, giggle and rinse. Always test any skin product on your baby’s skin by doing a patch test on the forearm for any allergies before using it
MAMA EARTH TEAR FREE SHAMPOO – BATHING TIME GOT INTERESTING
Keep your baby’s scalp moisturized and hair visibly healthy with Mamaearth Gentle Cleansing Shampoo. Formulated with Coconut based cleansers, this tear-free shampoo helps replenish the essential moisture and nutrients that your baby’s scalp can lose during bath time. The mild cleansing formula keeps your baby’s hair soft and clean, while the light fragrance leaves behind a clean scent. And thanks to its delicate fragrance and hypoallergenic, pH-neutral formula, the shampoo is gentle enough for daily use.
Coconut based cleansers
Features / Reviews
POWERED BY NATURAL & ORGANIC INGREDIENTS
NO HARMFUL CHEMICALS
- Johnson's Baby shampoo is as gentle to the eyes as pure water
- It gently cleanses hair and is mild to eyes
- Only Giggles. No More Tears
- Johnson's Baby shampoo is pH balanced and hypoallergenic
- Recommended by doctors
- No Parabens, No Formaldehyde, No Dye
- Every Johnson’s product passes a 5 level safety assurance processes, ensuring every ingredient is safe for use.
- Clinically mildness proven
- Country of Origin: India
When a baby is born, her hair are delicate and her eyes have slower blink reflexes vs. Adult eyes. That’s why we perfected our formulas over 125 years so they are now more gentle to give her the best care. Johnson’s baby shampoo is specially designed to be as gentle and mild to the eyes as pure water. Johnson’s baby no more tears shampoo is free of soap. It makes the rinsing of the hair very easy. You can clean the scalp and hair perfectly without leaving any adverse impact on the protective layer. Its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties prevent allergies or infections. It’s no more tears formula cleanses gently and easily, leaving your baby’s hair soft and healthy. Moms trust johnson’s – always mild, gentle and effective.
Johnson’s Baby No More Tears Shampoo
Johnson’s No More Tears shampoo is as gentle to the eyes as pure water.
Every Johnson’s product passes a 5-level safety assurance processes, ensuring every ingredient is safe for use.
Johnson’s has No harmful chemicals. Only 100% gentle care*
Features / Reviews
pH Balanced No more Tears Formula
Gentle cleanses hair
No Parabens, No Formaldehyde, No Dye
- Safe for Baby's skin from Day 1
- Keeps baby's scalp moisturised and hair soft from one bath to the next
- Tear Free Baby Shampoo
- Hypoallergenic & pH Neutral formula. Suitable For: All Hair Types
- Mild baby shampoo with a fragrance developed for baby's delicate skin
- Opthalmologist, Dermatologist & Pediatrician Tested
As a mother, you know that bath time is precious. But after every bath, baby’s skin loses moisture upto 5 times faster than yours. Our unique Baby Dove Rich Moisture Hair-to-Toe Baby Wash goes beyond mildness, to help replenish the essential moisture and nutrients of the skin lost through bathing. Its pH neutral formula produces a rich creamy lather, for skin thats clean, effectively moisturised, soft and delicately scented.
Features / Reviews
Hypoallergenic & pH Neutral formula
Opthalmologist, Dermatologist & Pediatrician Tested
At Softsens, all our products are ‘Inspired by moms, Developed by Experts’. You told us, you want a product, which is safe, efficient and does the job quickly, without causing any harm to your baby. So we made Softsens ultra mild baby shampoo which gently cleanses and nourishes your baby’s delicate hair and scalp. Enriched with pure natural extracts, this “Tear Free” and hypoallergenic formulation will not cause any skin or eye irritation to your baby. The lightly fragranced baby shampoo lathers gently, rinses easily and smells delicious. We promise you’ll be left smelling their soft, fresh and sweetly-scented heads long after bath-time is over.
- Brand: Softsens
- Age: New-born and up
- Contains: Natural extracts & essential oils
- Mommy proof & dermatologically tested for mildness
- Content: 200 ml
- Features: No-tears shampoo that gently moisturises babies’ scalp and hair
Features / Reviews
Tear-free, gentle and mild cleaning
Safe for sensitive skin care
Benefits of Baby Shampoo
There are a number of benefits of using special baby shampoos for the babies. Some of them are mentioned and explained below.
Baby shampoo will gently cleanse the baby hairs by not causing any harm to them. As it contains mild ingredients so it is suitable for the hairs of the baby. It will also maintain moisture levels of the scalp and will prevent it from excess drying.
No Tears Formula
A baby shampoo contains no tears formula for being safer on your baby’s eyes. Its ingredients or composition will not cause any harm to your baby’s hairs and scalp.
The hairs of newborn babies are already soft and smooth but using a specially designed baby shampoo will make them even softer and smoother. It is recommended by child specialist doctors also to use mild shampoo for the baby hairs.
Applying baby shampoo on the hairs of the baby will also leave a pleasant fragrance in your baby hairs. A sweet aroma will add beauty and attraction to your baby’s scalp.
Minimize Irritation And Dryness
Baby shampoo will minimize the risk of irritation and dryness in your baby’s hairs. It will also prevent any type of redness from coming at your baby’s hairs.
There are many types you will find in the baby shampoo with the inclusion of herbal shampoo, non-toxic baby shampoo, tearless shampoo, herbal anti-dandruff shampoo, aloe vera shampoo, non-sticky shampoo, and also shampoos for dandruff, eczema, cradle cap and so many other that you can purchase from many online supermarkets at a highly affordable cost.
It is essential to shampoo your kids’ hair frequently relying on your baby’s age. While kid’s hair must be washed once in every week, the hair of toddlers must be washed thrice in every week. When your kid gets older, you must wash his/her hair more than frequently as dirt and sweat tend to get gathered on the scalp.