Best Portable DVD & Blu-ray Player
Top 3 Best Portable DVD & Blu-ray Player in India | Mar 2021
Reviews, Comparison and Buying Guide
What is a Portable DVD Player
Portable DVD players are simply smaller, lightweight DVD players with built-in screens. They play video and sound from DVD discs the way a normal player would, but since they are designed to be carried around, some different factors need to be considered.
Best Portable DVD Player | Buying Guide : Things to consider while buying a Portable Blu-ray Player
One of the most important considerations in purchasing a portable DVD player is battery life. Since most DVD movies are around two hours long, you will need a battery life of at least this time. Most players come with a rechargeable battery included, so you will need to charge the battery before use.
Some portable DVD players will include a car charger, so that you can recharge the player while on the move. This is useful on longer trips, although with a lot of players you may not be able to charge the unit and watch a movie at the same time. Portable DVD players that allow you to charge and watch simultaneously will generally cost more.
As well as playing DVDs, many portable DVD players can play other types of media, including CDs and MP3s. You can use a DVD player as a substitute for a portable music player by using headphones, or you can play music via the in-built stereo speakers. Some portable DVD players have a USB input, so you can connect your iPod or MP3 player. Other portable DVD players also have output AV connections, meaning that you can connect the player to a TV or home theatre system. This is useful on holiday, as you can watch DVDs in hotel rooms or caravans where there is often a TV set only. In spite of the smaller screen, most portable DVD players display an image in the same resolution as a normal DVD player, so you won’t experience loss of picture quality by plugging the small unit into a larger TV. You can also plug the portable DVD player into a home theatre system to enhance the sound quality.
- Screen size: Although they are all designed to be carried around, portable DVD players do vary in screen size. For example, if your player is only for personal use on public transport, a smaller screen size (6 to 7-inch) is suitable. If you are buying one to be watched by more than one person – such as for the kids in the back seat of a car – think about getting a larger screen (9 to 10-inch).
- Weight: Screen size, as well as the type of batteries used, can alter the weight of a portable DVD player. If you are planning to use it in the car, or to carry on holidays and connect it to a TV, weight won’t be such a consideration. However, if you are planning on watching DVDs on public transport, a lighter (smaller) model would be better.
- Multiple screens: Some portable DVD player models come with more than one screen, which can be separated from the body of the player. This is useful if you are planning to use the unit to entertain the kids on a road trip, as two kids can have their own monitor.
- Viewing angle: If the portable DVD player only comes with one fixed screen, ensure that it has a wide viewing angle. With some screens, the image will be difficult to see if you are off to the side. If you intend to have a group of people watching the same screen, a wide viewing angle is important.
Top 3 Best Portable DVD & Blu-ray Player – [Updated and Highly Recommended]
Comparison Chart to make your purchase easy
- 7" TFT Color Display. Swivel screen with 180 Degree rotation
- Plays digital audio,video & photo files directly from USB drives & SD/MMC cards
- Anti-skip circuitry. Analog TV outputs allow for using with home theater system
- Multiple OSD, Subtitle Language,DVD,DVD+-R/RW, JPEG,Mp3. Charge this product for 10 hours before it's first use
- 6 Month standard warranty + 6 month additional warranty on free registration
This Portable DVD Player adopts a new generation of HD display screens, which aims to get you a better viewing experience and let you indulge in the pleasure of enjoying DVD movies, MP3 CD/CD Music, and JPEG photos on the go.
The stereo speaker provides quality sound and allows you to listen freely. Enjoy music anytime, anywhere, with built-in stereo speakers that allow the convenience and enjoyment of music playback simply by unplugging the headphone.
Features / Reviews
SD CARD &USB SUPPORTED
SPECIALLY DESIGNED REMOTE CONTROL
Get this Portable DVD Player 360° Swivel Screen, AV-in/Out, SD Card and USB Port, 5h Rechargeable Battery, Support Resume Function, Region-free.
Features / Reviews
360° Swivel Screen
SD Card and USB Port
Support Resume Function
Features / Reviews
Great display quality
In general, if you think you might want a feature in the future, it’s probably a good idea to make sure the player you’re buying has it, rather than having to replace it in a year or too. Technology moves at a fast pace, so it’s impossible to be entirely future-proof, but considering your basic needs down the line should help you find a player that will last you a good long while.