Best Bluetooth Speaker
Top 5 Best Bluetooth Speaker in India | Mar 2021
Reviews, Comparison and Buying Guide
What is a Bluetooth Speaker?
Bluetooth speakers are a very convenient way or listening to music. Increasingly music is being stored on mobile phones, or possibly other devices that are Bluetooth enabled.
Using a Bluetooth speaker it is possible to listen to music from these small portable devices at a sensible volume and without using earphones.
Why a good Bluetooth Speaker is required?
Bluetooth speakers have come a long way from being tinny and weak. They are now good enough to be used for your personal needs as well as a house party.
Improvements in Bluetooth technology meant that they’re able to offer a very capable audio experience in their own right. Further, improvements in the battery technology and capacities means that you don’t have to worry about charging these speakers for days.
In addition to this, there are several good Bluetooth speakers in the market that come integrated with Google Assistant and Alexa, so you can actually do more than just listen to songs now.
Best Bluetooth Speaker | Buying Guide : Things to consider while buying a Bluetooth Speaker
A portable Bluetooth speaker is a handy accessory to have for your smartphone or laptop, but picking one can sometimes be stressful affair, especially given the sheer number of options in the market.
Battery life is a key parameter to consider. You don’t want to be recharging the speaker every hour. It should be able to last as long as you expect to need it. The small speakers tend to have smaller batteries and don’t last as long, but some of the larger ones can expect to last for 24 hours! More typical lengths of operation may be four to ten hours, and it will be specified as average battery life. The reason for this is that the louder you play the speaker, the more current it will use and the battery won’t last as long before it needs recharging. However when buying he Bluetooth loudspeaker, make sure the battery life is long enough for what you need. Also remember that the Li-ion batteries used do not like being completely discharged, so charge them up before you use the speaker, and don’t leave it discharged. Also as the batteries get older, so the amount of charge they can store falls.
Obviously it is nice to have a Bluetooth speaker that sounds goo. Often they give specifications for total harmonic distortion and below 1% is a good aim. The lower the better. Some speakers will not give a specification for this, so you may want to listen to it. Also the frequency response is very important. Some speakers sound better than others and this is often as a result of a much better frequency response. Figures include the top and bottom frequencies that are heard before the response rolls away. Figures like 100 Hz to 20 kHz might be seen. The 100 Hz point is the low frequency and 20 kHz the top frequency. As most of us cannot hear up to 20 kHz, especially as we get older, the top frequency is not quite as important. The low frequency point indicates the level of bass we may expect – the lower it goes the better.
Bluetooth speakers come in a variety of sizes. There are the small conical or cylindrical types aimed at very portable operation and for packing into luggage, and larger ones that tend to provide better quality audio. These may be rectangular or even again cylindrical. Generally the larger they are the better the audio quality, and the larger ones can have a larger battery for longer use.
As Bluetooth speakers are convenient, often because of the fact that they are portable, means that they will be placed in many area, even near water. Water and electronics don’t mix, so it is often very useful to have a speaker that has been made waterproof . Some speakers are even submersible but it is more common to have ones that are water resistant. Water resistant speakers are especially useful when being used at a poolside or on the beach.
Frequency response is measured in Hertz and is typically described as a range, say from 100Hz – 20,000Hz. In theory, the wider the range, the better the ability of speaker to reproduce audio as it was intended. However, having a big range alone doesn’t guarantee good sound as it depends on how your ear perceives sound too, which can vary wildly from person to person.
Other factors like the listener’s age also come into account since our ability to hear certain frequencies diminish with time. In an audio track, the bass is usually heard around the frequency range of 20Hz to 250Hz. Vocals and other instruments like a guitar and piano typically reside in the range of 250Hz to 4000Hz (or 4kHz), which is commonly referred to as the mid-range. The rest of the frequencies (up to 20,000Hz) form the treble.
The version of Bluetooth determines the quality of audio transmission and distance you can keep between your phone and the speaker. You should ideally look for Bluetooth 4 or better, as this version adds support for Low Energy profile, for better battery life and its is about 60 meters. Bluetooth 5 is the latest standard, which vastly improves the data transmission rate and range, but there’s still time before we see speakers adopting this standard.
The driver is the heart of any speaker so its imperative you get a decently sized driver. Most portable speakers will typically have a 40mm driver, which is good size to start with. If you want bigger drivers then expect the overall size of the speaker to increase too. The Sony SRS-XB41 boasts massive 58mm drivers, which does of course make the speaker much larger.
The number of drivers and their placement also make a difference to how the speaker will sound. Smaller Bluetooth speakers typically come with a single, full-range driver and are positioned either facing upwards or downwards, in order to displace sound better. Many speakers also have a twin driver setup, which tend be noticeably louder. Since there isn’t much space inside a portable Bluetooth speaker for a woofer, most manufacturers install passive radiators, which vibrate to produce bass. If you’re someone who listens to rock and electronic music a lot, then having passive radiators like in the JBL Flip 4, really helps.
Besides wireless connectivity, it’s nice to have the option for the wired connection too so check for an auxiliary connector. This is generally marked as ‘Aux-In’ in the specifications page of the speaker. A wired connection is handy if you wish to save a bit of battery on your phone or speaker and it also helps sometimes in getting better quality sound. Many speakers also have NFC, which helps in quick pairing with your devices. A microphone is a good feature to have too as it lets you answer calls directly through the speaker, like a speaker phone. This way, you don’t have to go looking for your phone when you get a call as you can answer it directly through the speaker. Having a microphone also lets you interact with your phone’s virtual assistant, so you can schedule appointments and check for weather updates without having to touch your phone.
Having a standard USB charging port is an added convenience, especially when you’re outdoors or at a friends place and don’t have the bundled cable with you. Most speakers these days stick to a Micro-USB port, which makes it possible to charge them with power banks too, if you’re away from a wall socket.
Most Bluetooth speakers today can do much more than simply streaming music. Smart speakers are the next big trend in the industry and we’re already seeing some of them making their way to India. Amazon’s virtual assistant Alexa is now available in the company’s Echo line of speaker in India while Google has their Home series of smart speakers.
Other features to look out for is if there’s any companion app support, which is handy if you need to manage multiple speakers, check the speaker’s battery life, or simply to update the speaker’s firmware. If you listen to a lot of high resolution audio files then it helps to have high-resolution audio profile support like aptX HD or LDAC. With the right audio source and compatible device, these profiles can make a difference.
Finally, another handy feature to have is the support for pairing multiple speakers together for bigger sound. Sometimes, one speaker isn’t loud enough to evenly cover a big room or if you’re outdoors, which is where pairing two or more of the same type of speaker is an advantage. Most brands now have this feature and some like JBL, let you pair more than 100 speakers together, though it’s unlikely you’ll ever need that many! You’re more likely to use the option to pair two of the speakers in stereo mode, thereby giving you a much better audio experience.
Top 5 Best Bluetooth Speaker – [Updated and Highly Recommended]
Comparison Chart to make your purchase easy
Before we see the top Bluetooth Speaker from our list of recommendations, below is the broad categorization of Bluetooth Speakers which will make your shopping very easy.
Shop by Wattage
Shop by Connectivity
Below are our top 5 picks of Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Signature Sound
- 12 Hours playtime under optimal audio setting
- IPX7 Waterproof allow you to enjoy music in rain or at your pool party
- Dual external passive radiator and all new racetrack-shaped driver delivers hight output
- PartyBoost allows you to pair two JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers together for stereo sound or link multiple JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers to pump up your party.
- Tough as it sounds
- What’s in the box: 1 x JBL Flip 5, 1 x Type C USB cable, 1 x Safety Sheet, 1 x Quick Start Guide, 1 x Warranty Card
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty. Dial toll-free number: 1800 1020 525 or write to India_CSupport@harman.com
Take your tunes on the go with the powerful JBL Flip 5. Our lightweight Bluetooth speaker goes anywhere. Bad weather? Not to worry. With its waterproof design, you can rock out to our signature sound rain or shine. Move more. Pair two JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers together for stereo sound or link multiple JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers to create a bigger party. Enjoy up to 12 hours of play time for your favorite music. Stand it vertical or horizontal and be bold with your choice of 11 vibrant colors.
Features / Reviews
Dual external passive radiators and all new racetrack-shaped driver
12 Hours of Playtime
IPX7 Waterproof design
PartyBoost allows you to pair two JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers
- Compact Portable Bluetooth Speakers. Wireless Bluetooth Streaming
- Dual Equaliser Modes for Normal & Deep Bass Output. 9 Hours Music Playtime Under Optimum Audio Settings
- IPX7 Waterproof Design. Audio Specifications : Frequency Response 120Hz - 20KHz . Signal to noise Ratio 70dB (Aux)
- Pair 2 Infinity Fuze 100 Speakers with Dual Speaker Connect Technology
- Rugged & Durable Fabric Material
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Contact us on: [ 18001020525 ] for warranty
- Manufacturer Detail: Harman International Industries, Inc. 8500, Balboa Blvd, Northridge, CA 91329,USAmporter Details: Harman International (India) Pvt. Ltd., Prestige Technology Park, 4th Floor, Jupiter 2A, Marathalli Ring Road, Bangalore – 560 103, India
- Country of Origin: China
Immerse yourself deeper in every movie soundtrack with 5.1 channels of real surround sound with wired rear speakers and an external duct subwoofer.
Features / Reviews
9 Hours Play
- 5W RMS Output
- Bluetooth v4.2 with 15m range; Audio Input via AUX & TF Card
- Battery Capacity of 1800mAh delivering a playback time of up to 6 hours (70% volume); Full Charge in 2.5 hours
- IPX6 marked water & splash resistance
- 1 Mic for receiving calls
- Other Inclusions: AUX Cable, Micro USB Charging Cable, Warranty Card, User Manual
- Lightweight Portable Design with TWS feature
- 1 year warranty from the date of purchase, you can activate your warranty by giving a missed call on 9223032222. Alternatively you can claim your warranty at support.boat-lifestyle.com or reach out to us at +email@example.com.
The game of portability just got a boost with the boAt Stone 170, flip your scene anywhere anytime with the full 5W’s of power. A compact, lightweight and IPX 6 Water Resistant design makes it the perfect companion for a number of sceneries. Stay prepared with the boAt Stone 170. It is packed with an 1800mAh Battery, with a push of up to 6 hours of play time per listening session. So set the mood and accentuate the vibe with the boAt Stone 170. Pick your method of access with Wireless Bluetooth V4.2 and a SD card slot making it perfect for all situations. Extremely simple to navigate, utilize the integrated controls to access a wide range of functions. This includes True Wireless Function, meaning that you can set up two at the same time. Whatever your journey, make sure that you party away with the powerful portability of the boAt Stone 170. The sound is on its way.
Features / Reviews
Bluetooth v4.2 with 15m range
IPX6 marked water & splash resistance
1 Mic for receiving calls
- This combo contains Echo Dot and Wipro 9W smart color bulb. Use this combo to experience the magic of controlling your light, using just your voice (with Alexa) or remotely (through an App). Or simply set schedule to dim it automatically at night. Only Wi-Fi needed - no additional hub or setup required!
- Echo Dot is a smart speaker that can be operated by voice, is compact and can fit in your favorite places
- You can use Echo Dot as a Bluetooth speaker by pairing your phone to it. Or you can connect it to other speakers/headphones through Bluetooth/3.5mm jack
- Stream millions of songs from Amazon Prime Music, Spotify, JioSaavn, Gaana, and Apple Music. Access songs in Hindi, English, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi, Marathi, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Kannada and more
- Just ask Alexa for music, news, trivia, scores, weather, alarms, kids rhymes and stories
- New features are automatically added to Alexa, the brain of Echo Dot
- Alexa can speak in both English & Hindi
- Add on to your smart home experience and make your AC, TV, and geyser smart by using smart plugs (can be purchased separately).
With a new speaker and design, Echo Dot is a voice-controlled smart speaker with Alexa, designed for any room. Just ask for music, news, information, control compatible smart home devices and more. You can either use the crisp and clear built-in speaker or connect Echo Dot to your own other speakers using Bluetooth or 3.5mm audio cable.
Features / Reviews
Voice control your music
Use Echo Dot as a Bluetooth speaker by pairing your phone
Compact and can fit anywhere
- Zebronics Zeb-Vita plus Portable Bar speaker with Bluetooth Support
- It supports USB Aux input and Micro Sd card
- It has Built in Fm radio for convenience
- It has feature of Call function and LED display
- It comes with media control for convenient control and Built- in rechargeable battery
- Total output-16w with driver size52mm*2
- Max supported USB /Micro sd card memory size: 32GB
- Charging time :3.5hrs and playbacktime :6 hrs
- Available in black and grey
- warranty type- 1 year carry in to service center
- Country of Origin: China
Zebronics Zeb-Vita plus Portable Bar speaker with Bluetooth Support, Micro Sd Card, USB Support and Aux Input. It comes with media control for convenient control . It has built in rechargeable battery. Speaker comes with LED display for easy use.
Features / Reviews
Comes in a soundbar design with an LED display
Built-in FM Radio
With these basic guidelines in place, it should be a lot easier to narrow down the Bluetooth speaker that suits your listening taste the best. Let us know which speakers you go for via the comments below.