Best Gas Griddle
Top 5 Best Gas Griddle in India | Sep 2021
Reviews, Comparison and Buying Guide
What is a Gas Griddle?
Why good Gas Griddle is required?
Having a griddle in the kitchen can offer many positives, including:
- The development of flavour that occurs with the browning (caramelising) process.
- The tenderising of meats such as steaks and chicken breasts.
- The development of crispness or a crust.
- The drying out of products such as pancakes, bread and buns.
- The melting off of fats, especially in food like sausages and bacon.
Best Gas Griddle | Buying Guide : Things to consider while buying a Commercial Gas Griddle
With such a wide range of configurations available, you will need to consider what type of commercial griddle is best suited to your business. This guide provides an overview of all the power configurations, plate types and capacities available, helping you to make an informed decision.
Other than the fact that griddles come in different shapes and sizes, there is another key decision to make when buying them; what type of metal will be used for the plate and what will the finish of the surface be. As with contact grills, griddles are available in cast iron, but rather than aluminium, are usually available in different types of steel as the alternative.
Once a decision has been made on the metal for your griddle, the thickness of the plates has to be considered, as both have varying successes.
Thin plates are more responsive when wanting to adjust temperature, come up to temperature quicker requiring mess energy and are generally cheaper. But they can warp if preheated at high temperatures and distribute heat less evenly causing hot and cold spots.
Thick plates are less likely to warp, retain heat longer and distribute heat more evenly. But they respond slower to changes in temperature control and they require more energy to bring up to the desired temperature.
Electric or Gas Griddle
One key decision a customer will make is whether to use a gas or electric griddle. Gas is often seen as heavier duty and tends to be more responsive to temperature control. However, electric has the benefit that it doesn’t need to be installed by an engineer and easier to move to a different location if needs be.
A griddle can be a useful instrument to have in a commercial kitchen as it can be utilised in many ways.
Size & Capacity
Like with the plate type, the choice in size will reflect the demand for griddle cooked food in your catering establishment. Purchasing a large unit will provide you with enough capacity to meet the demands at your busiest period. However, these units will take up more space limiting your options for other appliances. Also, larger units can be outfitted with accessories like dual heat zones, additional grove plates which help to provide more flexibility.
Another important consideration is the control options available with the commercial griddle. The choices are manual, throttling thermostat, or snap action thermostat controls. Manual controls do not offer specific temperature settings, only the more general low, medium and high ranges. This means that they are suitable for cooking meats such as burgers, steaks and bacon that don’t require exact thermostatic settings.
Throttling thermostatic controls allow you to set the temperature to the appropriate degrees you need and the griddle will hold this temperature until it is changed.
Snap action thermostatic controls are slightly more expensive control options. These type of thermostatic controls provide accurate temperature controls which provide high quality, evenly cooked foods.
Construction and ease of cleaning and maintenance
Stainless steel griddle body construction is standard, but manufacturers who have taken the extra care to ensure flush fitting, or welded construction, or even pressed steel forms, are able to offer products that will give you little trouble when wiping down and steriising, and you’re less likely to find gradual build up of kitchen grease in hard to reach areas. Drip trays or fat catchers and drainage holes in the griddle plate itself are very useful features, especially when coupled with ribbed hotplates that allow easy liquid run off.
Again, a machined steel, chrome steel or ceramic top will surrender to cleaning easier than cast iron.
Top 5 Best Gas Griddle – [Updated and Highly Recommended]
- RESTAURANT STYLE COOKING - **replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back** - 36" x 20" means 720sq inches of flat top grilling. Perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner - cook everything from eggs and pancakes to quesadillas and grilled cheese to steak and potatoes including Teppanyaki style foods and more. Also enjoy a bottom shelf and two side shelves for food storage and prep.
- ELECTRONIC IGNITION - Simple and easy to assemble, you'll be cooking in no time. Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal and matches, this grill includes an easy start, battery powered push button ignition. With the simple push of a button your griddle is ready to go, take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors.
- TRANSPORT WITH EASE - easily wheel around your yard or transport from your backyard to the campsite thanks to the removable griddle top, fold up legs and four industrial strength caster wheels.
- DURABILITY AND LONGEVITY - This Blackstone Grill is built to last with a powder coated black steel frame, stainless steel burners and thick cold rolled steel cooktop which is simple to clean making post-meal cleanup a breeze.
- CONTROLLABLE HEAT ZONES - four independently controlled 15,000 BTU stainless steel burners make a total of 60,000 BTUs controlled low to high for versatile cooking options. Propane fueled by a standard 20lb tank with an accommodating tank storage tucked nicely under the left side shelf.
1554 Features: -4 Independently controlled long life tube burners. -Burner material: Stainless steel. -Maximum heat output of electric push button igniter. -Thick rolled steel surface for excellent heat retention. -Handy fold and go design makes griddle. -2 Industrial caster wheels. Product Type: -Gas grill. Installation Location: -Portable. Finish: -Black. Material: -Stainless steel. Gas Type: -Liquid Propane. Dimensions: -Cooking surface area: 720 sq.”. -Cooking area :21″W x 36″L . Overall Height – Top to Bottom: -36″. Overall Width – Side to Side: -62.5″. Overall Depth – Front to Back: -22″. Overall Product Weight: -120 lbs.
Features / Reviews
RESTAURANT STYLE COOKING
TRANSPORT WITH EASE
DURABILITY AND LONGEVITY
CONTROLLABLE HEAT ZONES
- 285-SQUARE-INCH COOKING SURFACE: The griddle features a 285 square inch cold-rolled steel cooking surface.
- STAINLESS STEEL BURNERS: Features two stainless steel burners combining to produce 20,000 BTUs that is powered by a twist-to-start ignition.
- PORTABLE DESIGN: The griddle measures 19.5 x 20 x 9 inches. The grill weighs only 30 lbs., making it easy for transport and ideal for decks, patios and balconies, camping, tailgating and more.
- BUILT-IN HOSE FOR 20 LB LP TANK: The griddle features a built in hose made to work with a 20 lb LP tank, allowing you to cook longer and more efficiently.
- FAST AND EASY SETUP AND BREAKDOWN: The griddle requires no assembly and can be set up and ready for grilling in under 10 minutes without the need for tools!
Features / Reviews
285 square inch cold-rolled steel cooking surface
STAINLESS STEEL BURNERS
FAST AND EASY SETUP AND BREAKDOWN
Powered by a twist-to-start ignition
Double Play Reversible Grill & GriddleWhat could be better than a reversible griddle? Meet the Lodge Double Play Reversible Grill & Griddle. The smooth side is great for making grilled cheese sandwiches as well as eggs and pancakes. The ribbed side is perfect for grilling foods such as steak, fish, chicken and hamburgers. Product at a Glance: Seasoned and ready to use for a natural, easy-release finish Brutally tough for decades of cooking Seasoned for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use Great for the oven, stove, grill or campfire
Features / Reviews
Ribbed side is perfect for grilling foods
Included Measurement Guide
- Adjustable Burner: 3 separately controlled burners with 9,000 BTU each, up to 27,000 BTU cooking power and achieve even heat distribution fast
- 316 Square Inches: Detachable porcelain enameled flat top offers 316 sq. in. cooking area measured 23.6’’ L x 13.4’’ W and 3.5 mm thickness. 15 patties can be cooked altogether at once
- Piezo Ignition: Durable stainless steel control panel with piezo ignition system
- Oil Disposal: Removable oil cup collects grease residue while cooking, and is also easy to clean up after use
- Perfect Size: Including regulator for 20 lb. tank, portable design makes it small enough to fit for camping, hiking, and other outdoors
Features / Reviews
Detachable porcelain enameled flat top
Durable stainless steel control panel with piezo ignition system
Removable oil cup
Easy to clean up after use
Commercial Griddle plates designed for hotels, cafes, parties, live cooking… A high quality stainless steel heavy duty commercial use griddle plate is a reliable, durable and trusted. Made Up of Heavy Duty parts which promise good life.
Features / Reviews
Made of Stainless Steel
High quality stainless steel heavy duty commercial use griddle plate
Reliable, durable and trusted
Easy to clean
When selecting the best commercial griddle, also known as a flat grill, for your establishment, there are an array of factors to consider, including size, style, utility type, and plate thickness. While many types of griddles can achieve the same end result, carefully selecting the best option for your needs can help your establishment boost productivity, lower utility costs, and of course produce great customer-pleasing menu items!