Top 5 Best Projector in India | Mar 2021
Reviews, Comparison and Buying Guide
What is a Projector
A projector may be best thought of as an inverted camera, spitting light out of a lens rather than receiving it.
Best Projector | Buying Guide : Things to consider while buying a Projector
Contrast ratio is the difference between light and dark on a screen, expressed by a number. If you take the brightest white on a screen and the darkest black and compare the luminosity, you get the contrast ratio. For example, a 1000:1 contrast ratio means that the brightest white is 1000x brighter than the darkest black.
Resolution is the number of dots or pixels used to display an image. Higher resolutions mean that more pixels are used to create the image, resulting in a crisper, cleaner image. High resolution is important for projecting detailed charts and graphs, text, and high-definition video. The resolution is indicated by a number combination such as 1920 x 1200. This indicates that there are 1920 dots horizontally across the display by 1200 lines of dots vertically, equaling 2,304,000 total dots that make up the image seen on the screen.
Ease of Use
For hassle-free projection, you’ll want to look for some features that enable a quick setup — so you can project right away. These include:
- HDMI — instant and easy digital connection to high-definition devices and allows digital audio through the same cable
- Wireless capability — allows for projecting content without a cable and is available from many kinds of devices
- Vertical and horizontal image correction — allows you to quickly align a skewed image on the screen which is key to setting up in a hurry
- Instant on/off — means no extra waiting for a projector to warm up or cool down
Wireless & Wired Projection
From your computer, there are various ways to project content without needing to use a wire:
- Select a wireless-ENABLED projector . This means the projector comes with built-in wireless LAN (802.11 b/g/n). Once you plug the included LAN module into the projector, it will project wirelessly.
- Select a wireless-OPTIONAL projector, and purchase the wireless LAN module that is needed to enable the wireless function. Simply plug the purchased LAN module into the projector, and it will project wirelessly.
DLP versus LCD versus LED projectors
Don’t feel shy about not knowing what is the difference between the DLP or the LCD projector. Well, these are the distinct technologies. The DLP (Digital Light Processing) projectors have got a chip made of tiny microscopic mirrors and a spinning colour wheel. In terms of projection, it delivers sharp images and has got a better response time. On the other hand, the LCD projectors use liquid crystal displays that has no moving parts. Hence, these cost slightly less. The plus point of LCD projectors is the better saturation and lower noise. On the downside, they require filter maintenance and have less contrast. Lastly, LED projectors use tiny LEDs that delivers better colours with lower power consumption. With the lifespan of over 20,000 hours, they virtually require zero maintenance. LED projectors are usually smaller and compact and generate less heat. But they lack the brightness that an LCD or a DLP can offer.
Just the way the distance between the projector and the wall is important, so is the viewing distance. Ideally, one should sit at least at a distance of twice the image width.
The more the merrier stands true for connectivity on a projector too. While VGA, AVI and HDMI are usually present, prefer having a USB for plugging and playing images and videos. But if you are looking at setting up a big home theatre, where the projector will be ceiling mounted, you can do without a USB too. For such a setup, you will have to keep the projector connected to a DVD or a blu-ray player. Pair it with a home theatre for a surround sound output.
Another way to achieve the same dynamic dimming of the image brightness is by reducing the power on the lamp. This has the added benefit of extending its life. Just like with the iris, on certain content you might notice the projector dimming on dark scenes. On other projectors, you might notice the fan speed ramping up and down at the same time. Like the auto iris, this doesn’t improve the native contrast ratio, as in the contrast during any single moment on screen, but it does help a bit to make darker scenes appear somewhat darker. As long as you’re not bothered by it, there isn’t any downside.
Great picture quality is reliant on many factors, including contrast ratio, brightness, color, and yes, of course, resolution. The latter, being the easiest to understand and quantify, typically gets far too much weight when comparing projectors. 4K on a 100-plus inch screen is very cool, but it is just one aspect of a projector’s overall performance. Personally, I’d take a bright projector with accurate color and a great contrast ratio over a dim projector with a poor contrast ratio that happens to be 4K.
Many projectors are still 3D-capable, though they rarely come with the glasses. If you’re super into 3D, you’ll be able to find lots of options. If you’re not already into 3D, I can’t imagine now is the time you’d get into it.
As mentioned above, being able to adjust the height of the image separate from the height of the projector is very handy. It allows for a wider range of placement options without having to resort to the quality-ruining potential of digital keystone adjustment. So lens shift is certainly a benefit, though if you already know exactly where your projector is going, and don’t need lens shift to put a projector there, it’s not a big deal.
This isn’t really a feature as much as a category of projectors. A much shorter throw distance means so you can place them closer to a screen for the same size image. For certain rooms it’s very useful. The opposite would be a long throw projector, which, as you’d guess, means you can place it much farther from the screen than a typical projector.
This can mean motorized focus, motorized zoom or both. Not vital, though handy. Motorized zoom, especially if you can save preset sizes, means you can fill a wider-than-normal screen for movie nights, then zoom down to just fill a 16:9 portion of the same screen for TV shows.
For gamers, a mode that lowers the input lag can help tremendously. First-person shooters, racing games, platformers, really anything that requires precise timing between button pushes and what’s happening on screen. Not all game modes are made equal. DLP projectors often have low input lag, and especially low for game modes. LCD and LCoS projectors are more varied.
More and more projectors are offering HDR-compatibility. Don’t expect a lot. Done right it can look a little better than the non-HDR version of the same content on the same projector. It’s just not as big of an improvement as it is with televisions.
Top 5 Best Projector – [Updated and Highly Recommended]
Comparison Chart to make your purchase easy
- Epson EB-S41 SVGA projector Brightness: 3300lm with HDMI Port
- White and colour brightness at 3,300lm
- SVGA resolution. Power Supply Voltage: 100 - 240 V AC ±10%, 50/60 Hz
- High contrast ratio of 15,000:1. Fan Noise (Eco): 28dB
- Horizontal keystone slider
- Upto 10,000 hours lamp life in eco-mod
- Country of Origin: Philippines
View and access your most frequently used functions immediately on the home screen. See all source information at a glance, no matter what the source input, with all the information you need right there on the home screen, wireless connections have never been easier. Epson EB-S41 SVGA projector Brightness: 3300lm with HDMI Port.
Features / Reviews
Horizontal keystone slider
Upto 10,000 hours lamp life
- Display :2020 Upgraded 1280 x 720 Native Resolution | 1000 : 1 High Contrast Ratio | 3.04 m (120 inch) Large Screen Display
- Lumens: 2100 Lumen | 180 ANSI Lumen | LED- Life Long Lamp + 30000 Hours Life |16:9 Aspect Ratio
- Connectivity : HDMI | 2 X USB | AV | SD Card Slot | Audio Out | WIFI
- Sound : In-Built Speakers
- Important Features : 4D Digital Keystone ( 40 degree ) + Digital Zoom In & Out
- Smart Features : Android 6.0 / Quad Core / 1 GB / 8GB Rom / Wifi
- Warranty Information : 1 year warranty provided by the manufacturer from date of purchase
- Support and Service Center : Indian Brand | Indian Service Center | Please call for all software upgrade related issues and warranty related issues to "EGATE" Directly on [ 1800 123 6847 ] and provide product's model name and seller's details mentioned on your invoice. The service center will allot you a convenient slot for the help required
The most trusted Brand & model i9 enters the CLASSIC era with the same Robust and Indianized design, but now with HD 720 native resolution, better brightness and bigger screen size of 120″. Designed for those movie aficionados who crave for perfect motion picture reproduction, with that essential delicate balance of Quality & Affordability. i9 series are tailored for Home Cinemas in personal rooms or controlled light environment to give accurate images and consistent color performance as intended for you, the true cinephile. This smart projector has inbuilt quadcore CPU, RAM & storage space with latest android OS to give you the complete PC free experience.
Features / Reviews
4.3″ LandScape LCD
Digital 4D Keystone
Built in Speaker
- 【New Arrival】: Everycom ALL NEW X7 is a 2019 latest upgrade with new generation LED source which offers better brightness and improved colour quality to satisfy our customers needs.
- 【Multimedia Connectivity】: Everycom Projector is equipped with multiple ports including HDMI, USB, SD card, VGA and AV for use with a wide range of devices.
- 【BIG Screen & Built-in Speaker】: A big, bright screen as large as 120 inches with Built-in Speaker, bring the private theatre into your home.
- 【HD Ready】: Full HD 1080p (1920×1080 ) Supported for fabulously detailed quality which is ideal for Home Theatre Projector. Not recommended for PPT or business presentation
- [Indian Brand & Indian Service Centre] Nationwide 1 Year of Indian Warranty and Bureau of Indian standards(BIS) certified product. For any Queries, please don't hesitate to contact our customer service on 1800-121-4480
Best Choice for the Money
The Everycom x7 incorporates essential features with Everycom’s Premiere Technology to create a budget friendly cinema Projector.
Home Entertainment and Gaming
Expand your horizons beyond the TV screen – and create a spectacular cinematic experience in your own home. The value-packed Everycom X7 projector lets you enjoy your favourite entertainment at its best in 2D or 3D (Anaglyph).
Made for movie lovers, it’s packed with technology developed for fabulously detailed Full HD images. Generous 1800 lumens brightness ensures that films and TV shows
Features / Reviews
Easy Focus and Keystone Correction
Video Games Supported
Built-in Stereo Speaker
- This bundle contains TH585 Projector and Amazon Fire TV Stick. Use this bundle to watch your favourites from Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix, Zee5, Sony LIV, Apple TV and others content (Subscription fees may apply) on Large Screen at the comfort of your home. Firetvstick is #1 best-selling streaming media player, with all-new Alexa Voice Remote (2nd Gen, released 2019).
- 1080P RESOLUTION: 1080p Full HD image quality with 3500 ANSI lumen & 10,000:1 contrast ratio for better experiences in well-lit environment
- LOW LATENCY: 16ms low input lag and microsecond DMD fast response ensure ultra-smooth gaming experiences
- TAKING VIDEO GAMES TO THE BIG SCREEN: The short throw projection produces big 100" images from just 3 meters
- BUILT-IN SPEAKER: Clear built-in 10-watt speaker come up huge for games, movies and TV for every party occasion
- 15,000 HOURS LAMP LIFE: Lamp save mode extends projector lamp life up to 15,000 hours
- For Product information, Service support, Product Warranty and any other query, kindly contact on 1800-419-9979 (Monday to Saturday 9:30am to 6:00pm) or Service-In@BenQ.com
TH585 provides LampSaveMode further extends projector lamp life up to 15,000 hours* for intense gaming until next-gen consoles arrive.
*Based on 4 hours average daily use, 15,000 hours translates to 10 years of enjoyment and savings
Features / Reviews
Digital Len Shift for Variable Projection Heights
Auto Vertical Keystone for Perfect Alignment
Multi source connectivity
- 【REAL NATIVE 1080P FULL HD】AUN AKEY6 is equipped with native 1920x1080 resolution, 5000:1 contrast ratio and 50,000 Hours lamp life. Revolutionary brighter video projector meets all audio-visual satisfactions for office PowerPoint Presentation or home entertainment.
- 【300” MEGA PROJECTION SCREEN】Features a huge projection screen, AUN AKEY6 movie projector provides a screen size of 46”-300” with projection distance varies from 5.15ft-30.18ft. Exceptional home cinema projector conveys the truest color and impart the deepest feelings upon the viewer.
- 【±45° ELECTRONIC KEYSTONE】AUN AKEY6 LED projector utilizes advanced electronic keystone correction technology, which creates a possibility for you to automatically adjust the keystone correction of 45°. Innovative cooling system with heat dispersion and a powerful noise-reducing technology cut 80％fan noise.
- 【WIDE COMPATIBILITY PROJECTOR】Equipped with 2*HDMI, AV, VGA, USB, SD Card and Audio Out Ports, Performance AKEYY6 video projector enables to flexibly connect to various devices like TV Stick, X-BOX, PS4, PC, Laptop, USB sticks, SD cards, Android or IOS devices, etc.
- The video projector is now equipped with build-in two 4 Ohm speakers and surrounds sound system, make the listening as lifelike as your viewing
Native 1080P Full HD Projector, Max 300″, Perfect for Home Outdoor Movies, Compatible with TV Stick/HDMI/PS4/Android TV Box
- Projection technology: 6 inch LCD
- Physical resolution: 1920x1080P
- Electronic Keystone Correction (Support Vertical / Horizontal Keystone correction ±45°)
- LED lamp life: 50,000 hours
- Brightness: 6,800. Peak Value Scope: 6,000 – 7,000 Lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 5000:1
Features / Reviews
Built-in digital keystone correction
Built-in Stereo Speaker
Support 4K Video (HDMI mode)
Have we been able to provide assistance in purchasing the right projector for you? If you know what features your projector should have, try our online buyers guide. This allows you to filter projectors by certain criteria and hopefully find you the ideal projector for your needs.