Top 5 Best Soundbar in India | Mar 2021
Reviews, Comparison and Buying Guide
What is a Soundbar?
A sound bar is a long, thin rectangular-shaped bar filled with speakers and a lot of technical wizardy. A good sound bar does for the spoken word what a good pair of glasses does for making things crystal clear. The result: voices come through crisp and distinct — and so much so, even whispered dialogue can be heard clearly.
Why a good Soundbar is required?
Buying one the best soundbar brands boosts your TV’s sound so you get the best audio when you’re watching movies and your favourite TV shows. While the latest TVs have amazing picture quality, the sound may not be as great as their slimline designs only leave a limited amount of space for built-in speakers. A Soundbar is a compact speaker system and a stylish, simple solution for enhancing your home entertainment experience with more volume, enhanced bass and greater clarity. With fewer speakers and wires than a home theatre system, a soundbar is easy to set up.
Best Soundbar | Buying Guide : Things to consider while buying a Soundbar Speaker
There are tons of sound bars on the market right now, and though some are excellent, others aren’t worthy of the bubble wrap they come in. And as for features, every sound bar is different — and some features you need to pay attention to. Are there enough HDMI inputs to handle all your devices? What about Bluetooth for streaming music? Yes, there are a lot of options. And yes, we are here to help. We wrote this sound bar buying guide to help you pick the right one for you, your TV, and your room — so let’s do it.
Active Sound Bars
Passive Sound Bars
Regardless of which soundbar you choose, it’ll be a major improvement over the internal speakers of just about any television. Still, there are decisions to be made, and the first one is extra important: Should you get a soundbar with a subwoofer, or without one?
Subwoofers are speaker drivers dedicated to the reproduction of low-frequency audio — think rumbling bass, exploding bombs, the whump-whump of a helicopter’s blades. A soundbar with a subwoofer will add punch and rumble to TV shows and movies, creating a fuller sound and more effectively projecting audio throughout the room. If you plan on watching lots of action movies or movies with epic music, you’ll likely want a subwoofer.
For the most part, you’ll need just one cable to connect a soundbar with your TV. Some soundbars rely on optical cables, which work fine, but HDMI is preferred: The HDMI interface supports more audio formats than does optical, which effectively means you’ll get higher quality sound that’s more immersive with HDMI.
But HDMI connections aren’t all equal, especially when it comes to soundbars. To connect a soundbar to a TV over HDMI, your TV needs to support HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) or HDMI eARC — some older TVs don’t have this feature. If your TV doesn’t have it, you’ll need to stick with an optical connection.
Keep in mind, if you connect your soundbar via HDMI, you’ve now got one less HDMI port on your TV for devices like streaming media players, Blu-ray players, or cable boxes. To compensate, some soundbars offer an HDMI input, and some offer more than one, which effectively turns them into mini A/V receivers. But some soundbars, like the Sonos Arc, don’t have any HDMI inputs. If you’re already running low on HDMI ports, that’s something to keep in mind.
The only solution (other than buying a soundbar with multiple HDMI inputs) is to buy an HDMI switch, which can turn one HDMI port into two, three, four, or more — but this increases the complexity of your setup, something which a soundbar is meant to prevent.
Channels and Dolby Atmos
When shopping for soundbars, you’ll probably come across some confusing numbers. Labels like “2.0,” “3.1,” or “5.1” are there to let you know A) how many channels a soundbar has, and B) whether or not it has a subwoofer. The first number (before the period) refers to the number of channels, and the number after the period tells you whether there’s a subwoofer (1) or not (0). If a soundbar has only two channels, that means a left and a right channel. If it has three channels, the third is a center channel, which improves dialog clarity. Five adds channels for rear or surround sound speakers.
Often, a soundbar will come with a wireless subwoofer and, in some cases, even wireless satellite speakers. These don’t need to connect physically with the soundbar itself, but they’ll need a power source, so you’ll have to position them near wall outlets (or get creative).
But here’s where it can get a little tricky: A soundbar can claim to be 2.1, 3.1. or even 5.1 — even if it doesn’t come with a subwoofer. As long as the soundbar has dedicated low-frequency drivers (like the Beosound Stage), it can still claim “.1” status.
Whole-home audio and Bluetooth
Soundbars are increasingly being used for listening to music as much as for listening to your TV. This is especially true in smaller houses or condos. A majority of new soundbars support Bluetooth streaming from your smartphone, tablet, or computer, making for a quick and easy to hear your Spotify or other music on a bigger speaker. However, more sophisticated options exist.
Sonos, Denon HEOS, Bluesound, Bose, Yamaha, and many others offer soundbars that can be linked to whole-home wireless music systems over Wi-Fi. If you think you may want to expand into a larger wireless music system in the future (or if you already own other Wi-Fi audio components from these brands) it makes sense to consider one of these models before you buy.
When buying a soundbar, you’ll want to take note of a few things. Make sure you plan where to place the system before buying one, since you’ll need enough room on your TV stand for the main speaker, and space on your floor for the subwoofer. You’ll also want to make sure that the soundbar doesn’t block any part of your TV, such as the IR receiver, which would make it hard (or impossible) to use the remote.
Top 5 Best Soundbar – [Updated and Highly Recommended]
Comparison Chart to make your purchase easy
Before we see the top Soundbar from our list of recommendations, below is the broad categorization of Soundbars which will make your shopping very easy.
Shop by Wattage
Shop by Connectivity
Below are our top 5 picks of Soundbar
- 110 Watt power output
- Embedded Dolby Digital
- Built-In Sub Woofer delivering Deep Bass
- Wireless Music Streaming via Bluetooth
- One cable connection with HDMI ARC
- Free Demo and Product Installation - Contact our customer care on 1800 1020 525 or write to India_CSupport@harman.com
- What’s in the box: Soundbar, Remote control with batteries, Power cables (up to 4pcs depending on region SKUs), HDMI cable, Wall-mount bracket kit with screws, Safety sheet, Warranty card, Quick start guide
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
The JBL Cinema SB110 is a hassle-free soundbar, with a built-in subwoofer to deliver deep bass. It combines 110W of power, two full range drivers, two 2.5” woofers and Dolby Digital to deliver powerful sound for the ultimate listening experience. The JBL Cinema SB110 is also Bluetooth-enabled so you can play your favorite music wirelessly from any smartphone, tablet or laptop. The one cable connection with HDMI ARC provides a simplified user experience.
Features / Reviews
Dolby Digital Audio
Built-in subwoofer to deliver deep bass
HDMI ARC provides a high speed and superior quality connection
Wireless Music Streaming via Bluetooth
Immerse yourself deeper in every movie soundtrack with 5.1 channels of real surround sound with wired rear speakers and an external duct subwoofer.
Features / Reviews
Stream music wirelessly via bluetooth
Cinematic Sound Experiance with 5.1 ch
Play music via USB plug & play
Simple setup with HDMI ARC
- 1 year warranty from the date of purchase, you can activate your warranty by giving a missed call on 9223032222. Alternatively you can claim your warranty at support.boat-lifestyle.com or reach out to us at +email@example.com.
- Sound with 120 Watt rms and subwoofer The boAt AAVANTE bar comes with 120 watt RMS sound with a bassful subwoofer. The sound output feels real, thrilling bass provided by the 60Watt Subwoofer. Upgrade your music listening experience with the boAt Aavante Bar with down-firing subwoofer which provides bold sound to any seat in the room, giving you an audio experience you can truly hear and feel.
- 2.1 Channel Surround Sound The 2.1 Channel Surround sound in the boAt Aavante Bar provides with a rather cinematic experience, enhances the way you experience entertainment at home and in the cinema by creating the optimal environment for all of your favourite content
- Sleek Design with premium finish The boAt Aavante Bar boasts of a sleek design with a premium finish to complement the furnishings in your home. Signal To Noise Ratio:72 dB
- Multiple Connectivity Modes : usb, optic, aux, remote The boAt Aavante Bar Supports multiple connection options to provide for a versatile setup. There is USB, Optical, AUX and Remote connectivity options to provide ease of user accessibility and creating 3D stereo surround sound from two channel sources.
- Adaptable entertainment The sound bar utilizes high end equalizer technology to optimize the sound output according to your source of entertainment and audio needs. There's news, movies, music and 3D modes to create the most appropriate sound profile for the best viewing experience.
Discover a new level of immersive, cinematic audio experience at home with the boAt Aavante Sound bar. With a powerful 120 W total output, a slim sound bar and versatile 2-way subwoofer brings every aspect of your entertainment be it a song, show or movie to life in the volume and clarity it deserves. Drivers at each end of your sound bar deliver a clear mid and high range, while a 60 W subwoofer fills in the rumbling lows. The 2.1 channel sound system provides a balanced sound and deep bass for your movies, music and even video games and you can experience the cinematic sound that revolves around you. Stay plugged into the sound with an array of wired connections, and Bluetooth wireless technology. Bring your home to life with the Aavante Sound bar.
Features / Reviews
Sleek Design with premium finish
Multiple Connectivity Modes
Wired bassful subwoofer
The Sonic B200WL features a 160W peak power system (80W RMS) that thumps out an immersive deep bass sound all around your home. In addition, you can connect devices seamlessly with multiple connectivity options via Bluetooth, USB, AUX and Optical Input. The wireless subwoofer offers balanced sound and extra deep bass, so you can experience supersonic sound across your movie, music and entertainment needs. In addition, the super sleek compact design will fit perfectly into any home.
Features / Reviews
Experience powerful immersive sound that creates a cinematic experience
Sleek n compact
- Multiple Connectivity Options S/PDIF, Optical, Aux-in, Line-in and Bluetooth connections
- Minimalist Design The bar shape design with fabric mesh exterior looks classy
- 30-second Easy Setup Can be effortlessly set up on the wall or table
- Enhanced Bass Get the most out of your favorite songs
- Wall mounting dimensions : Determine the wall hole position, A1, based on the mounting height, and determine the wall hole position, A2, horizontally to the right by 416 mm
Features 8 sound drivers that will improve your movie viewing, gameplay and music playback You can connect your mobile devices effortlessly via the S/PDIF, Optical, Aux-in and Bluetooth connections The no-fuss design offers a hassle-free uncluttered setup that takes just 30 seconds The minimalist design in a modern gray tone sits well with any décor scheme Play your favorite songs at the next get-together by simply connecting the Soundbar to your phone or laptop via Bluetooth 4.2 LE
Features / Reviews
Elegant design, powerful core and rich sound
Crisp treble, resonant bass and clean mids
Enhanced base, with passive radiators to bring cinematic experience
Stylishly designed in a bar shape with fabric mesh overlay
By now you probably have a very good idea of which Soundbar best suits your personal preference. Whether you prefer the wall mount or table top Soundbar, there’s a lot to love regardless of which Soundbar you elect to make your own.