Best Tower Speaker | Floorstanding Speaker
Top 5 Best Tower Speaker in India | Mar 2021
Reviews, Comparison and Buying Guide
What is a Tower Speaker?
Tower speakers are great for listening to music. As all music is recorded in stereo, they are reproduced best with two channels. A tower speaker comes with two left and right channels. Each individual channel might have 2-3 drivers in them to reproduce various frequencies. This is the real indicator of speakers output and never go by the inflated PMPO output. The tower speaker should have at least 3 drivers in each channel; subwoofer for low frequency, a speaker for mid frequency range and a tweeter for high frequency range. These drivers ensure that each spectrum of the sound is reproduced perfectly.
Best Tower Speaker | Buying Guide : Things to consider while buying a Floorstanding Speaker
It’s important to choose the right speakers for several reasons. First, speakers are an investment you will likely have to live with for years to come. Second, they are possibly the most important part of your sound system. A great receiver paired with a subpar set of speakers likely won’t be able to produce satisfactory sound quality. So, where is the best place to start?
4 Types of Drivers for Floorstanding Speakers
Let’s take a look at what makes up a floorstanding speaker. First, they are the largest type of standard speakers found in the home. They’re typically at least 3 to 4 feet tall with a footprint at least 1 square foot, although they can be much larger. And they contain several drivers, which produce sound through vibration, to allow for a wide range of sound. How many and what type of drivers vary from model to model.
There are four types of drivers, each responsible for a particular frequency range. The human ear can perceive sounds ranging from 20 to 20,000 Hz. A given driver’s size depends partly on what its range is. Higher ranges have shorter soundwaves, so their drivers can be smaller. Conversely, lower frequencies have longer soundwaves, requiring larger drivers. The different type of drivers are:
These small drivers, named for the high pitch sounds birds make, are usually found at the top of the speaker, and generally emit sounds at high frequencies ranging from 2,000 to 30,000 Hz. There are three types of tweeters that are common in floorstanding speakers:
- Horn tweeters offer plenty of high-frequency detail, with a shape that provides focused, precise sound that’s big on sensitivity and dynamic range but low on distortion.
- Cone tweeters can be made out of several materials – paper cones are available but tend to produce distorted sound. Fabric and metal cones have better sound dispersion than their paper counterparts.
- Dome tweeters have largely supplanted cones, due to their superior sound dispersion and range. They may be made out of a variety of thin, strong materials, such as Mylar, silk, polymer, or various metals.
- Planar-magnetic tweeters are similar to dome tweeters, as they are direct radiators. They can be a bit low in sensitivity and power handling.
These handle sounds ranging from 500to 2,000 Hz. This is the range that instruments and the human voice falls within, which means having a satisfactory midrange driver is crucial. Like tweeters, they can be made of different materials, which will affect sound quality. Some highly engineered horn tweeters can also serve as midrange drivers, since a horn tweeter actually resonates in that frequency range (around 1000-2000Hz) which adds acoustic energy into the sound of the speaker, making it easier to match the tweeter to the woofer since the 1000-2000Hz range has a little more energy.
Named for the low-pitch noises dogs make, these drivers produce lower frequency sounds, ranging from 40 to 1,000 Hz or higher. Woofers are known for having a high-quality bass response. The superior bass performance of woofers in tower speakers is one reason they are often chosen over smaller, bookshelf speakers.
These drivers magnify bass sounds, with a range of 20 to 200 Hz. Sounds of this frequency are non-directional, meaning that there is some flexibility in where they are placed in a room. In some cases, subwoofers are used with smaller speakers to bypass the need for large tower speakers. In a true home theater system, a subwoofer is necessary to properly reproduce the LFE (low frequency effects) channel.
Tower speakers can come in several different configurations but there are three main classifications, named simply for the number of drivers each contains:
- Two-Way Speakers – These contain just a tweeter and a woofer, meaning that those two components have to share the mid-range load, though the horn in a horn-loaded speaker can actually take on some mid-range responsibilities, too, freeing up the higher and lower parts to do those things they do so well. When using a pair of two-way bookshelf speakers, some people believe it’s necessary to add a subwoofer in order to fill out the bottom end of the system’s sound.
- Three-Way Speakers – These consist of one tweeter, one midrange, and one woofer. Here, each component works primarily in its own range, so the extremes can focus on delivering detailed highs and lows (respectively), even as volume increases.
- Four-Way Speakers – These contain a “super-tweeter” that allows for some intricate upper-range detail, a regular tweeter, midrange, and a woofer. Audiophiles and sound connoisseurs may relish debating the subtle differences between three- and four-way speakers, but (shhh, don’t tell) many people find it a bit of a challenge to discern the difference. Note: these systems also require more complex crossover networks that audiophiles also like to…discuss.
The next major part of a tower speaker is its cabinet. The cabinet should be well constructed and anti-resonant, meaning that it is sturdy but won’t cause sound distortion by being vibrated by the sound emitted by its drivers. When choosing a floorstanding speaker, consideration should also be given to how the cabinet material and finish will fit within the room’s aesthetics; wood and wood finishes are popular materials used in speaker cabinets that will complement many decors.
Looking at a cabinet’s footing is important as well. If you have hard floors (e.g., wood, linoleum, etc.), look for rubber or padded feet. If you have carpet, look for carpet spikes that will hold the speaker in place. Do not use spikes on hard surfaces, as they will scratch the floor’s surface.
Now that you’ve familiarised yourself with the different types of speakers, it’s time to consider what size you will need. Of course, you will need to make sure that the speakers will physically fit within the space you intend for it. If space is going to be limited, measure it and use it as a maximum size for the speaker’s footprint.
As a general rule, the bigger the speaker the louder the sound, and vice versa. What size (and therefore loudness) you choose is a matter of its location and personal preferences. Room size plays a big factor; bigger rooms will need bigger speakers to fill the room with sound. Smaller rooms require less, but if you like a loud sound, you may still want to consider a larger speaker.
The materials used in the room also make a difference – floors, walls, ceilings, furniture, and decorations all make a difference in a room’s acoustics. In general, softer materials (e.g., carpet) tend to absorb and dampen sound. Hard surfaces (wood, plaster, linoleum, etc.) tend to have the opposite effect, reflecting soundwaves which can cause an increase in volume and even some distortion. If you are having problems with such a room, there are several options available to you, such as installing carpet or even wall-hanging sound dampeners. Klipsch speakers with controlled directivity minimize adverse reactions with room acoustics because they focus the sound into the listening area, reducing reflections and, thus, variation in response or added distortion.
Wire Terminal Configurations
There are other small yet important details that one should review when looking for floorstanding speakers. The first is the type of wire terminal found on the speaker. There are two types – spring clip and building post terminals. Spring clips are typically found on lower-end models, and work with bare wire and pin type connections. Building post terminals are sturdier and more versatile, allowing for connections with several types of wires. It is also possible to tighten building post terminals to strengthen the connection.
There are a couple of different configurations for the number of terminals. The most common is to have a single set of terminals. In this case, there is a single connection to the speaker, with a crossover determining which part of the signer goes to which driver.
Some speakers have two sets of terminals, with one being for low-frequency drivers and the other being for high-frequency. This way, each frequency range is capable of receiving a dedicated channel. To take full advantage of the two-set terminal configuration, it is necessary to have an amplifier that provides that differentiation. If your receiver doesn’t provide for the two channels, you can still connect them by either jumping the two sets of terminals or running two sets of wires from the same terminals on the receiver to the two sets of speaker terminals.
Top 5 Best Tower Speaker – [Updated and Highly Recommended]
Comparison Chart to make your purchase easy
Before we see the top Tower Speaker from our list of recommendations, below is the broad categorization of Floorstanding Speakers which will make your shopping very easy.
Shop by Wattage
Shop by Connectivity
Below are our top 5 picks of Tower Speaker
- Rich sound experience with powerful bass
- Works with any Bluetooth-enabled device. Audio system and Left/Right speakers-Frequency range-40Hz-20kHz. Sensitivity-84dB. Signal/Noise ratio- (>60dB)
- Enjoy music directly from your portable USB devices
- USB direct for easy MP3 music playback. Mic connectivity
- FM tuner for radio enjoyment
- Total 80W powerful sound output
- Demo+ installation: Please contact Philips service center at 18004256396 for free demonstration and installation of the product
Multimedia tower speakers with wireless mic. Packing a powerful bass and a range of connectivity’s in an elegant wooden cabinet, Philips SPA9080B tower speakers look and sound just wonderful. Sing along with the convenience of a wireless mic.
Features / Reviews
USB slots for music playback
Built-in FM tuner
- Fully loaded tower speaker which features: Bluetooth, USB, FM, MIC PORT, AUX for connectivity to more devices at once
- 5.25 inch woofer for a deep clear bass to enjoy the feel of music at every volume
- Change songs, volume and more using powerful remote
- 25000 watts PMPO provide full dj sound
- Slim, floor standing design conserves space
Experience the perfect sound with Bencley Punch Bluetooth Multimedia Tower Speaker System. This beautiful floor standing tower speaker with 5.25 inch woofer, delivers astonishing base and produces crisp and clear sound. Get the grand theatre feel at home by getting this mega Bluetooth Tower Speaker System from the house of Bencley. It comes with a 5.25 inch woofer boosts low end frequencies. This speaker system incorporates a newly developed in woofer for deep, stable bass. Utilizing a foamed mica-cellular diaphragm, it produces both powerful bass and the finer detail required for clear vocals and dialog in the mid-range. Wired or wireless connection – with Bluetooth 2 feet height, the tower speaker can pair with your device in seconds, your iphone, Ipad, Samsung and any smart devices can work with this home audio speaker via Bluetooth for a comfortable wireless experience, or wired connections.
Features / Reviews
Designed for cinema-quality excitement
Featuring ground-shaking bass and a powerful amplifier
Provide full dj sound
- Blaupunkt is an iconic German brand that has developed cutting edge audio technology since 1924. Today this legendary Audio Tech German brand is available in India with a superior quality range of Audio Products.
- On-The Wheels Party Speaker: Blaupunkt Volcano 600 is a powerful Bluetooth Party Speaker on the wheels with built-in amplifier
- Unbelievable Thump of Powerful Music: Two 12” built-in woofer, and one big 5” Speaker gives big thumping sound at 500W power output
- Dual DJ Panels on the top lets you to be your own DJ: Professional DJ panels on the top of the party speaker with few mixing options will make all of us the DJs for our party
- Illuminated and splash proof LED touch panel: When the lights are off for the party, illuminated controls on the top will let you control your music at ease
- Party on the Wheels with AC Input: You only need an AC power input, Blaupunkt PS 600 will take your party anywhere you want.
- No Vibrations, Stable at high volume: The woofer speaker is embedded in the ABS matte finish cabinet to ensure maximum sound output without vibrations
- Lights to match the tunes of your music: You will have a nice musical night, with lights on the speakers in the front, they glow and match the lights with the musical tones
- Karaoke Mic: Sing long with wired Karaoke Mic.Product needs to be charged 4-5hrs before use.
- Warranty claims: 12 months in-house warranty, For any product related queries contact_us on: [ 18008434333 ] or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Country of Origin: China
Discover a new level of immersive, cinematic audio experience at home with the boAt Aavante Sound bar. With a powerful 120 W total output, a slim sound bar and versatile 2-way subwoofer brings every aspect of your entertainment be it a song, show or movie to life in the volume and clarity it deserves. Drivers at each end of your sound bar deliver a clear mid and high range, while a 60 W subwoofer fills in the rumbling lows. The 2.1 channel sound system provides a balanced sound and deep bass for your movies, music and even video games and you can experience the cinematic sound that revolves around you. Stay plugged into the sound with an array of wired connections, and Bluetooth wireless technology. Bring your home to life with the Aavante Sound bar.
Features / Reviews
On-The Wheels Party Speaker
Dual DJ Panels on the top lets you to be your own DJ
Illuminated and splash proof LED touch panel
- 3 ways acoustic design 1 inches silk dome tweeter
- 4 inches woofer and 8 inches subwoofer for each channel
- Product Dimension - 165*780*310MM
- Audio input cable: 3.5mm to RCA stereo cable x 1pcs, RCA to RCA stereo cable x1pcs (optional)
- Standby, source and Bluetooth button, Play/Pause/FM auto scan button, Previous/CH-, Next/CH+, Volume+/- batton
Description for F&D T60X Tower Speaker From the Manufacturer SPECIFICATIONS: Function Standby, Source and Bluetooth button, Play/Pause/FM auto scan button, Previous/CH-, Next/CH+, Volume+/- batton Parametric Frequency response: 20Hz~20KHz S/N Ratio: ≥70dB Separation: ≥45dB Output power (RMS): 55Wx2 Loudspeakers Tweeter: 1″ Full range speaker: 4″ Subwoofer: 8″ Connectivity Cable length: Satellite speaker: 1.5m Audio input cable: 1.5m Audio input cable: 3.5mm to RCA stereo cable x 1pcs, RCA to RCA stereo cable x1pcs (optional) Power Power input: AC 220V-240V ~50/60Hz 0.5A Packaging content Number of unit: 1 Remote control: 1 Operational manual: 1 Warranty card: 1 3.5mm to RCA cable: 1 Connection cable: 1 RCA vs. RCA stereo audio input cable: 1 Product dimensions 165*780*310MM Packaging dimensions Net weight: 18.5kg Gross weight: 19.8kg Tare weight: 1.3kg Packaging dimensions (WxHxD): 436X910X382MM Number of products included:1 Packaging type.
Features / Reviews
3 ways acoustic design
Play/Pause/FM auto scan button
4 inches woofer and 8 inches subwoofer for each channel
This speaker system can transport you to a different world the minute you switch them on. Not only does it look good with its glossy finish and sleek design but it also uses a great technology and the best components to deliver a sound that is crystal clear at all output levels.
Features / Reviews
Glossy finish and sleek design
Crystal clear sound at all output levels
A good quality pair of floorstanders can instantly supercharge your hi-fi system and deliver room-filling sound. With larger cabinets than bookshelf speakers, floorstanders tend to create greater scale, authority and bass. That said, bigger cabinets doesn’t mean better sound. You’ll still need to choose wisely and make sure you pick the best floorstanding speakers for your budget. Whether you’ve got hundreds or thousands to spend, we’re sure there’s a pair of floorstanding (or floor standing) speakers for you.
We hope this guide will help you decide on a better product and get you more bang for your buck. It’s time to match top-notch picture quality with equal audio performance with Tower Speakers.