Best Extension Cord
Top 7 Best Extension Cord in India | 11th May 2021
Reviews, Comparison and Buying Guide
What is a Extension Cord
An extension cord essentially is a bundle of insulated electrical wires with a plug on each end. Electrical current flowing through wires generates heat, and when too much current flows through a wire, it can overheat and melt the plastic insulation of the wires, causing short circuits and fires.
Surge Protector vs. Extension Cord
An extension cord extends the reach for your electrical device. A surge protector prevents electrical spikes or power surges from damaging expensive electronic equipment. Power surges can occur during storms or when a large appliance such as an air conditioner comes on or cycles up.
Power surges and spikes send more volts through electronics and appliances than they can safely handle. A surge protector absorbs the energy and directs it away from the devices it’s attached to.
A surge protector’s joule rating indicates how much energy it can absorb. Joule ratings can go from 200 to 1000. The higher a surge protector’s joule rating, the more protection it offers. For expensive devices, consider using a surge protector with a fairly high joule number.
Best Extension Cord Buying Guide : Things to consider while buying a Extension Cord
Indoors or out, extension cords make sure devices and equipment can perform. Extension cords power a device when its own cord does not reach an electrical outlet. Choosing the best extension cords for the job starts with knowing how an extension cord works. Use this guide to learn about the different extension cord types, amperages and lengths.
Extension cords are rated in terms of how many amps or watts they can safely carry. Always choose an extension cord that is rated for at least the same total amps or watts of the lights, appliances, and other devices that will be powered. An undersized cord can overheat, even to the point of catching fire. Wattage is usually printed on the label of the electrical device, the instructions, or the owner’s manual. On an extension cord, the amperage, voltage, and wattage are printed on the UL or ETL tag.
The diameter of the conductors within an extension cord are measured in terms of American Wire Gauge (AWG), usually shortened to just “gauge” and expressed by a number. Common household extension cords are available in 16 gauge (smallest), 14 gauge, 12 gauge, and 10 gauge (biggest). The lower the number, the bigger the gauge and the greater the amperage and wattage is. In addition, a cord with a larger gauge will carry power a greater distance without dropping as much voltage compared to a cord with a smaller gauge. Voltage drops over distance, so to offset this, choose a cord with a larger gauge. This is especially important for appliances with motors. Attempting to run a motor on insufficient voltage can cause permanent damage. The gauge is clearly identified on the product package and is printed on the outer insulation (jacket) of the cord. For example, 16-gauge cords will have 16AWG printed on the jacket.
Plug and Connector
The plug (male) end of a non-grounded (two-prong) extension cord has two parallel blades. The connector (female) end has two parallel slots. Both ends are “polarized,” meaning that one blade/slot is wider than the other. This is a safety feature to ensure that the “hot” and “neutral” conductors of the extension cord always match the circuit conductors of the outlet they are plugged into. A non-grounded cord may always be plugged into a grounded (three-prong) outlet.
The plug and connector of a grounded (three-prong) extension cord are also polarized and include a third grounding pin/slot. Always use a grounded extension cord with an appliance that has a grounded (three-prong) plug. Never remove the ground pin from the plug or circumvent the grounding feature.
Top 7 Best Extension Cord – [Updated and Highly Recommended]
- Grounds AC power with 3-line protection through all 8 sockets
- Maximum Spike Current: 13,000 Amps, Unique Thing: Universal Socket
- Delivers power through a 2-metre, heavy duty cables
- Connected Equipment Warranty Max. Damage Coverage Rs. 20,000
- Lifetime Warranty(Max 5 Years)
- The response time of this Belkin Essential 8 socket surge protector is less than 1 nano second, making it an efficient voltage stabilizer
- Ideal for a home office, entertainment center, or any room with multiple electronic devices,
- Features a 700 Joule energy rating to provide surge protection for computers, peripherals, and household electronics
- Provides reliable protection for your workstations, printers, broadband modems, home theater systems, and everyday household electronics
- For customer service and warranty related queries please contact_us: [1800-572-2092] (available Monday to Friday from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM including national holidays. Except national holidays that are falling on Saturday and Sunday)
Belkin F9E800zb2MGRY Essential Series 8-Socket Surge Protector has been designed for home and office use. This utility device allows you in connecting 8 different devices simultaneously to one single power source. The product also acts as a surge protector thus preventing damage to the connected equipment during voltage fluctuations. It allows you to connect any electronic equipment with 2 or 3 pin plugs. The device is combined with a main power switch and power cord. The 2 metre long power cord further adds to the convenience aspect as it makes it easy connecting devices to a far away power source. All the plug sockets of the device are well insulated and grounded
Features / Reviews
Grounds AC power with 3-line protection through all 4 sockets
Delivers power through a 2-metre, heavyduty cables
8 point multi-plug
Sometimes surge in voltage occurs which impacts the performance and affects the life of any electronic or electric equipment. Bajaj spike and surge guard (BSSG) limits the voltage bering supplied to any device owing to its surge suppression capability, thereby protecting the appliance from damage. The fuse at the rear acts as a protection device. BSSG comes with a 2 meter long fire retardant cable making it convenient to use even if there is no plug point near the devices. The universal plug sockets provided are compatible with most of the devices. A switch along with an integrated LED indicator for on/off indication is provided.
Features / Reviews
Inbuilt fuse protects connected devices from damage
Fire retardant cable
capable of carrying 6A current and 1500VA load safely
Superior Built Quality
- MULTI FUNCTIONAL: Axmon extension cord with 6 outlets and 2 USB ports which power & charge everything on your desk from a single compact extension.
- FAST AND SMART CHARGING : The USB ports (5V/2A each) will detect your devices automatically and quick charge speed up to 2 Amp.
- MULTIPLE PROTECTION: All charging ports of the electric strip comes with high-current, over-load and short-circuit protection for 100% safe charging.
- SWITCH CONTROL : Manually control socket and USB outputs of the extension board, which is no need to plug and unplug the extension board anymore.
- PORTABLE DESIGN : Axmon extension cord is in small size and 1.8 meter long cord, it is a perfect power supply for travel, home, library,office and business use.
Get this Extension Cord with 2 USB Charging Ports and 6 Socket – 10 Ampere Heavy Duty Multiplug Extension Board for Multiple Devices Smartphone Tablet Laptop Computer.
Features / Reviews
FAST AND SMART CHARGING
- ABOUT: UBON presents you EXT-100 Power Champ extension socket which is a Made in India product. Ubon guarantees best quality with 100% safe at reasonable rates.
- PRODUCT FEATURES: Stabilized Output, High quality material, HIgh efficiency, Low energy consumption, Compact design, Switch with LED light
- COMPATIBILITY: Set top box. tablet, CCTV Camera, Led Strips, Television, Computer, ADSL Modem, Laptop, Dvd, Screen, TV Tuner Card , Cordless Phone, Weighing scale, LCD monitor, Scanners, Disk-man, Printers, Electronics & IT Gadgets, All Adopters, etc.
- TECHNICAL DETAILS: Rated Voltage: 240V, Frequency: 50-60hz, Rate capacity: 6A
- WARNING: The product is for light appliances only like mobile chargers and not for heavy appliances like Refrigerator. If used for heavy appliances, there is a chance of product getting damaged (mainly individual buttons would stop working) and in the worst case scenario a short-circuit. Kindly use it as per the suggested guidelines.
UBON presents you EXT-100 Power Champ extension socket which is a Made in India product. Ubon guarantees best quality with 100% safe at reasonable rates
Features / Reviews
Low energy consumption
Switch with LED light
High quality material
- Wattage: 2500 watts
- Material: Polycarbonate, , Color: white grey
- Item Dimension: 245mm x 50mm x 30mm
- 1 Year warranty provided by the manufacturer from date of purchase
- It comes with 3 international sockets, 3USB Port, Master switch, Safety shutter and LED indicator
- 3 versatile international sockets: Suitable for all types of sockets that are used in almost 150 countries
- USB1 Output: 5V=2.4A, USB2 Output: 5V=2.1A, USB3 Output: 5V=1A
- Length of cable: 1.8 metre heavy duty cord
- All the sockets parts of the product have been manufactured from fire-retardant imported engineering products
GM 3261 CUBA 3+1 Powerstrip features 3 multi-purpose international sockets which can hold plugs of almost 150 countries, 3 USB PORT 2.4A and it has a master switch. The sockets feature safety shutters to save little ones and your loved ones from accidentally placing their hands into it.
Features / Reviews
Comes with 3 international sockets
- [MULTIPLE PROTECTION] Ensures complete protection from electrical short circuit, over heat, over charging, over current and etc; High-quality fire-resistant and high temperature-resistant ABS material makes it fireproof.
- [FLAME RESISTANT MATERIAL] Environmental protection and ABS shell with flame resistant material makes it more durable and longer lifetime. This 10Amp power outlet is high-quality made with ABS+PC fire-resistant material.
- [SMART USB CHARGING PORT] Build in smart charging technology, This USB charger will detect your devices automatically and deliver the fastest charge speed up to 2 Amp. Intelligent charging technology where each USB port can detect and deliver an ideal output current consistently of up to 2 Amp.
- [CONVENIENT ON/OFF SWITCH] You can manually control USB and outlets of this table top power board, no need to plug and unplug the strip anymore. The small indicator light lets you know the power is active while does not cause bright light in the dark.
- [PERFECT FOR ANY PLACE] Addmax extension cord is lightweight and small size, easy to carry and best for travel. 4 three Pin outlet, 2 two pin outlet & 2 USB ports and 1.8 meter extension cord can meet most applications, such as dorm room, hotel, home and office.
Addmax extension cord is lightweight and small size, easy to carry and best for travel.2 meter power cord makes it more flexible, get easy access to place that’s hard to reach, extend the portable power strip to table or other place easily where need power outlets or usb charging ports simultaneously , you still can play your iPad or video game when charging.
Features / Reviews
CONVENIENT & PORTRABLE
CONVENIENT ON/OFF SWITCH
SHOCK PROOF – FIRE RESISTANT MATERIAL
Small indicator light lets you know the power is active
OFIXO Want to protect your electronic gadgets from surge? Do you have a number of appliances that are plugged directly into power outlets? It’s recommended that you plug your gadgets into a spike guard or a power strip. OFIXO sockets are designed to be compatible with Indian and International Plugs and Devices. it comes with main On/Off Switch, Light Indicator and 1.5 Meter Cord for easy day-to-day use. Voltage: 240V, 50Hz AC, Power: 1500 W (Max.), Current: 6A .
Features / Reviews
International socket which is suitable for different types of plugs
Child safety shutter
1.5 Meter Cord
Always choose the best extension cord for the location and the device. The right extension cord will give you the power you need, when you need it. It extends the reach of power tools and makes it easier to put devices where you want them.
Remember, extension cords should only be used as a temporary electric solution. Unplug them when not in use. Make sure to always use a surge protector to protect expensive devices or equipment.