Best USB Cables
Top 7 Best USB Cables in India | 11th Apr 2021
Reviews, Comparison and Buying Guide
What is a USB Cable?
USB stands for “Universal Serial Bus” and was created as an industry standard for connectors and cables worldwide on electrical devices such as computers, phones, appliances, and other peripherals. Before the advent of USB, electrical manufacturers created their own power and connector cables tying consumers into purchasing their cables, chargers, and power adapters. Global adoption of USB technology meant that electrical device users could start to rely on a technology that was flexible and compatible across a wide variety of accessories and other devices.
The purpose of a USB cable is to connect to a USB port via a USB connector. The USB port is often found as part of the device and the USB cable is used to either power this device or connect/communicate with other external devices.
A USB connector is the physical connecting point from a USB cable to a USB port. A USB connector allows for a stable and properly connected USB. One way it does this is by ensuring that only a specified type of USB cable can be connected to a specific USB port. Without the proper connector, there would be much higher cases of users attempting to connect the wrong cables into USB ports.
How USB Cable works?
USB cables replace the huge variety of connectors that used to be standard for computer peripherals: Parallel ports, DB9 Serial, keyboard and mouse ports, joystick and midi ports… Really, it was getting out of hand. USB simplifies the process of installing and replacing hardware by making all communications adhere to a serial standard which takes place on a twisted pair data cable and identifies the device that’s connected. When you add the power and ground connections, you’re left with a simple 4-conductor cable that’s inexpensive to make and easy to stow.
Best USB Cable | Buying Guide : Things to consider while buying a USB Cable
In a world where most homes have a multitude of electrical devices and technology is ever-changing, it is no surprise that many of us complain that there are too many cables and wires to keep a track of.
When buying cables, many simply go online or to a store and pick any cable that looks aesthetically pleasing without putting some other vital factors into consideration. That should no longer be the case when you’re done reading this article.
In this buying guide, we hope to make sense of all the different USB connectors and cables on offer by explaining how they work, which to pick and what the difference between them all really is.
Types of USB cables
To understand the different varieties of USB cables and connectors it is important to make a distinction between “USB type” and “USB version”.
“USB type” refers to the physical nature of the connector and corresponding USB port. Differences across “types” can often be easily identified by the connectors at the end of the USB cable.
USB Type-A cable
- The oldest in design and as such, the most common. USB Type-A is usually compatible from USB 1.0 upwards.
- Most found on mobile devices, computers, laptops, and flash drives.
- The connector is rectangular in design and can only be inserted into a USB-A port one way.
USB Type-B cable
- Type-B connectors are usually used for the purpose of powering devices and as such you are more likely to find them on larger electrical items like printers or scanners.
- The design of the Type-B connector is obvious as it takes more square shape with a wider aperture for the connectors.
USB Type-3 cable
- USB Type-C cables are the latest on the marketplace and are notably smaller/flatter connectors.
- The major difference in USB Type-C cables is their ability to carry video and data at a much higher and faster level. For example, the USB-C can support data transfer speeds of up to 10 Gbps. Type-C are increasingly more common on the very latest laptops, mobile devices and charging hubs.
- Type-C is compatible from USB 1.1 to t USB 3.2
- The clue is in the name! The Mini USB is a miniature connector, making it ideal for mobile/handheld devices that require smaller ports.
- Mini USB is most found on digital cameras and camcorders.
- Increasingly, the Mini USB has been phased out in favour of the newer Micro USB cable and port.
- The Micro USB is an even smaller and slenderer version of the Mini USB and most found on modern smartphones, digital cameras and handheld devices like the Amazon Kindle or GPS SatNav systems.
- The Micro USB is compatible for USB 2.0 and 3.0
What you intend to use a cable for will determine what type, size, and length of cable you buy. If you intend to use a cable to only charge your smartphone or other devices, then you would want to ensure you buy a fast charging cable. You should check out our detailed guide on fast-charging USB cables and how to identify one.
If, on the other hand, you intend to use the cable for data transfer only (or data transfer + charging), your best bet is to look out for a USB data transfer cable when shopping for one. Data-transfer cables typically have four wires in them while charge-only USB cables have just 2 wires in them.
When you are at that (online or offline) store where they sell cables, you should make sure to opt for USB cables manufactured by reputable brands. Most times, it is recommended that you purchase cables produced but the same brand that made the device you want to use the cable with. For example, if you use a Samsung smartphone, you should buy a Samsung-branded USB cable from a certified Samsung store.
You can also buy USB cables produced by another reputable accessory manufacturer. However, ensure you read reviews to avoid buying a counterfeit cable that doesn’t perform its function efficiently.
One of the leading contributors of cable damage is repeatedly folding/coiling of USB cables to fit into pockets, bags, purses, etc. Doing this causes the connectors/wires within the cable to wear or break. Also, constantly coiling also causes USB cables to pin on both ends of the cable to break, consequently leading to slower charge and nonrecognition of your devices by a PC.
The length of a USB cable is another property to look out for before picking up your next cable. Sure, a long cable will come in handy if you have your socket far from your bedside, couch, or your workstation. A long cable gives hands you the luxury of using your phone during charge irrespective of the distance of your power outlet.
When buying a USB cable, however, you shouldn’t purchase a very long cable if you intend to charge your phone at a very fast speed. This is because it has been experimentally proven that long USB cables take more time to charge a battery compared to shorter and medium length cables. If you only intend to use a cable for data transfer, then you can, of course, buy a really long cable. Otherwise, a moderately sized USB cable is what you should invest your money on.
Lastly, whenever you’re in the market for a new cable, it is advisable you choose USB cables with thick external wires than the slim/thin ones. This is because cables with thick exteriors generally have thicker/bigger wires within them. These thick wires allow more current to pass through them and consequently supply more power to your device’s battery. Thicker cables also allow for faster data transfer and throughput.
Slim cables commonly get warm/hot during charge and generally have reduced efficiency in terms of charging speed and data transfer.
Top 7 Best USB Cables – [Updated and Highly Recommended]
No products found.
The boAt lifestyle rugged Micro USB cables are really rugged and made to be compatible with your all micro USB devices. No warning message, works the same as the cable you get with your device. Connects to your Smartphones, Mp3 Players or other micro USB supported devices and charges or syncs by connecting the USB connector into your wall charger or computer. Fully supports data sync and battery re-charging for any micro USB device. No need to wrap, the cable design makes them tangle free. Choose your style to charge in. Plug it in, plug into Nirvana.
Features / Reviews
Special toughest polyethylene braided jacket
Extra tough polyethylene terephthalate cable skin
Compatible with most android smartphones, windows phone, tablets, PC peripherals
2.4A rapid charge, fast data transmission
1.5 meters in length
Fully supports data sync and battery re-charging for any micro USB device
Original Mi Fast charging 120cm Long Micro USB Cable (Type A) with Cable Speed: 480 Mbps. 6 months warranty available on the product.
Features / Reviews
2A fast charge support
Long length of 120 cm
Comes with a 480 Mbps
Fast data transfer and has a sturdy design
Compatibility with USB type A devices
- Apple MFi certified charging and syncing cable for your Apple devices
- Apple MFi certification ensures complete charge and sync compatibility with iPhone X / 8 Plus / 8 / 7 Plus / 7 / 6s Plus / 6s / 6 Plus / 6 / 5s / 5c / 5 / iPad Pro / iPad Air / Air 2 / iPad mini / mini 2 / mini 4 / iPad 4th gen / iPod Touch 5th gen / iPod nano 7th gen and Beats Pill+
- Connects to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with Lightning Connector and charges/syncs by connecting the USB connector into your wall charger or computer; small connector head fits most cases
- High-quality copper wires promote maximum signal quality and strength
- Durable nylon fiber cloth for protection, strength, and flexibility
- An additional layer of protection has been added to the Lightning and USB ends to improve durability and reduce fraying; Cables have been tested to bend 95-degrees 4,000 times
- 1 year limited warranty
- For customer service and warranty related queries please contact_us: [1800-419-0416] (available Monday to Saturday from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM except national holidays)
This AmazonBasics Apple Certified Nylon Braided Lightning to USB A Cable is perfect for your home, workplace, car or nightstand.
Features / Reviews
Complete charge and sync compatibility
8-pin Lightning adapter on one end, USB on the other
Copper wires promote maximum signal quality and strength
Braided nylon fiber cloth for protection, strength and flexibility
Made for iPod, iPhone, iPad
- [CHARGE & SYNC FUNCTION]- This cable comes with charging & Data sync function
- [HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL]- TPE + Nylon Material to make sure that the life of the cable is enhanced significantly
- [LONG CORD]- The Cable is extra thick 1.2 meter long, optimized for an easy use for your comfort at home or office
- [MORE DURABLE]-This cable is unique interms of design and multi-use and is positioned to provide the best comfort and performance while using
- [UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY]- Compatible with all devices like iPhone XS, X, XR, 8, 7, 6S, 6, 5S, iPad Pro, iPad mini and iPad Air
- The Konnect L cable is unique interms of design and multi use.
- This Cable is positioned to provide the best comfort and performance while using.
- This cable is extra thick and uses TPE + Nylon Braided material to make sure that the life of the cable is enhanced significantly.
Features / Reviews
Comes with charging & Data sync function
TPE + Nylon Material to make sure that the life of the cable is enhanced significantly
Extra thick 1.2 meter long
Wayona brings to you this nylon braided cable which is suitable for data transfer and charging among Apple devices. It can charge and sync simultaneously at a rapid speed and has a rugged look and feel.
Features / Reviews
Fast Charging with Data Sync
Nylon fiber USB C charging cables is more durability, with a great length
Fast Data Transfer
Designed to fully protect your device from damaging excessive current
- FAST CHARGING CABLE: This Universal cable can simultaneously charge android, iOS and Type C devices. All combined 3 in 1 power cord. All in One Charger
- ULTRA DURABLE USB CABLE: This Universal cable is made of High-quality Nylon material and makes it resistant to fraying and wear-related damage, more flexible and durable
- USB CABLE FOR FAST CHARGING: This Charging Cable is designed for Charging the devices quickly. The 3A Charger is universally suitable for charging all smartphones
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL USB CABLE: WeCool 3 in 1 Charging Cable is Tangle Free, Rugged, Quick charging, universally compatible, Flexible and of High Quality
- SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE UNIVERSAL CABLE: This Cable is Touch and Sleek, Highly Durable, Premium Nylon Braided Cable, has 1 year warranty please reach out to 9036228529 for any issue with the product
- Country of Origin: India
WeCool High Quality Nylon Braided Multi-function Fast Charging cable for Android, iOS and Type C devices, 3 in 1 Charging Cable, 3A , ( 3 Feet ) BLACK
Features / Reviews
3 in one data cables can connect with micro USB, iOS, and Type C
Nylon braided covering
Wide compatibility with quick charge support of 3A
DURABILITY AND COVER PROTECTION
PREMIUM MATERIAL AND SAFE CHARGING
- Extra tough, extra sleek: Braided with tough nylon material, our cables are durable and long lasting and the 10.5mm aluminium casing is not only super sleek but also stylish
- Twice the length: Our long 1.5 meter cable facilitates charging and using your devices simultaneously from the comfort of your bed, office or sofa
- The Zinq micro USB cable is compatible with most of the smartphones –android, windows, tablets and pc accessories
- Strong and tangle free design that is made up of strong TPE material with soft unbreakable cable
- Rated voltage: Dc 5v, rated current: 0.3-2a, withstand voltage: Ac300v/5s, insulation resistance: 10mi, conductor resistance
- 6 months warranty provided by the manufacturer from date of purchase
Zinq USB data charging cables are uniquely made and are positioned to provide the best comfort and performance while using. The extra-long micro-USB cable is a cable solution for charging and sync of your smartphones and tablets. The outer cable material is made from soft rubber with silicon coating to make it last long and tangle-free. The flat design of this cable gives it a long durability and strong built. It can be used for both, charging and transferring data at high speed. It has been made keeping in mind your every need, to connect micro-USB devices including smartphones and tablets to a USB charger or port.
Features / Reviews
Durable and sleek
Made of the aluminum casing that is super sleek and stylish
LONG LENGTH CABLE
Strong and tangle free design that is made up of strong TPE material
Braided with tough nylon material
Now that you know everything in detail about USB cables you can, for sure, make an intelligent decision while placing an order for your new USB cable. Just go through this detailed USB cable buying guide, and you will be able to make the best choice ever.